    is any good program for adding text comments and descriptions to them. It
    would also probably allow you to search them for specific photos such as
    names of people.
    Rili, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Rili

    Rili Guest

    By embedding comments, I mean adding them as text to the file - not actually
    adding them as graphics to the image.

    Apparently the PNG file format allows text to be embedded to the file so
    that text searches can be done against the file.

    "Rili" <> wrote in message
    > I have a lot of scanned images saved as png files and was wondering if

    there

    Rili, Aug 17, 2003

  3. "Rili" <> wrote in message news:<3f3eddc4$0$10354$>...
    > By embedding comments, I mean adding them as text to the file - not actually
    > adding them as graphics to the image.
    >
    > Apparently the PNG file format allows text to be embedded to the file so
    > that text searches can be done against the file.
    >

    > "Rili" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a lot of scanned images saved as png files and was wondering if

    > there
    > > is any good program for adding text comments and descriptions to them. It
    > > would also probably allow you to search them for specific photos such as
    > > names of people.

    Have you tried the program called Exifer from...
    http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

    Although it is best suited to digital camera images there is
    no reason why you couldn't enter your own image information to your
    scanned files.

    This does of course pose the question, are there any scanners
    that do enter EXIF data into their scanned image??

    Regards Chris.
    Chris McBrien, Aug 17, 2003