    would appreciate it. Of course free is better.

    Thanks,
    -Dan

    Dan, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Dan

    Andre Guest

    On 19 Jul 2003 20:10:43 -0700, (Dan) wrote:

    >Hello all, I am currently looking for a software that will take my
    >digital pictures, mostly large file size (around 500k each) and resize
    >them to a smaller size for a family web-site. I have photoshop but I
    >would have to do this one at a time and I would much rather be able to
    >re-size a folder at a time.
    >
    >I currently have software (HP) that came with my digital carera. It
    >will resize pictures to send in an email, but I do not believe I can
    >resize to a new folder.
    >
    >If there is a software that someone knows of that I can download, I
    >would appreciate it. Of course free is better.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-Dan

    If you have Windows XP, you can download a Powertoy from Microsoft
    that will let you do this with a right-click.

    Andre, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Dan

    Robertwgross Guest

    Irfanview will do the re-sizing in batches.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Jul 20, 2003
  4. Dan

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Dan wrote:

    > Hello all, I am currently looking for a software that will take my
    > digital pictures, mostly large file size (around 500k each) and resize
    > them to a smaller size for a family web-site. I have photoshop but I
    > would have to do this one at a time and I would much rather be able to
    > re-size a folder at a time.
    >
    > I currently have software (HP) that came with my digital carera. It
    > will resize pictures to send in an email, but I do not believe I can
    > resize to a new folder.
    >
    > If there is a software that someone knows of that I can download, I
    > would appreciate it. Of course free is better.

    Irfanview will do what you want, and.. it's free :)

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Jim Townsend, Jul 20, 2003
  5. Dan

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On 19 Jul 2003 20:10:43 -0700, (Dan) wrote:

    >Hello all, I am currently looking for a software that will take my
    >digital pictures, mostly large file size (around 500k each) and resize
    >them to a smaller size for a family web-site. I have photoshop but I
    >would have to do this one at a time and I would much rather be able to
    >re-size a folder at a time.
    >
    >I currently have software (HP) that came with my digital carera. It
    >will resize pictures to send in an email, but I do not believe I can
    >resize to a new folder.
    >
    >If there is a software that someone knows of that I can download, I
    >would appreciate it. Of course free is better.

    The problem with batch resizing is that most pictures should be
    cropped before resizing. If you open them to crop, you might as well
    resize individually. However:

    IrFanView File>Batch Conversion/Rename>check Use Advanced
    Options>check Resize>Set Size

    IrFanView is a free download.

    Also, PhotoShop has File>Automate>Batch>Set: Command>Action: Image
    Size. I'm lost after that since I've never done it in PS. The means
    is there, though.

    Tony Cooper aka:
    Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s

    Tony Cooper, Jul 20, 2003
  6. Dan

    Guest

    I've tried a few batch resizers in the hope of finding one that will
    resize to a specified size rather than its own interpretation of
    quality. Some time ago I wanted to resize all my pics from full size -
    about 1 to 2mb to around 150k, keeping the smaller versions on my pc
    for quick and easy viewing and the full size on cd. The problem I had
    with all these resizers was that no matter what setting I used, the
    end results would vary wildly in size and quality from 25k up to
    around 900k. Yet I know that all the pictures are acceptable for
    on-screen viewing at around 150k, more or less. I did come across one
    prog that lets you specify finished size but I've lost the name. The
    need isn't so great these days with bigger hard drives and faster PCs,
    but I'd still like to find one for quick batch resizing to specific
    sizes for emailing.

    MJ

    , Jul 21, 2003
  7. Dan

    Dan Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > I've tried a few batch resizers in the hope of finding one that will
    > resize to a specified size rather than its own interpretation of
    > quality. Some time ago I wanted to resize all my pics from full size -
    > about 1 to 2mb to around 150k, keeping the smaller versions on my pc
    > for quick and easy viewing and the full size on cd. The problem I had
    > with all these resizers was that no matter what setting I used, the
    > end results would vary wildly in size and quality from 25k up to
    > around 900k. Yet I know that all the pictures are acceptable for
    > on-screen viewing at around 150k, more or less. I did come across one
    > prog that lets you specify finished size but I've lost the name. The
    > need isn't so great these days with bigger hard drives and faster PCs,
    > but I'd still like to find one for quick batch resizing to specific
    > sizes for emailing.
    >
    > MJ

    If you have not tried IrFanView, you should try it out. It is free
    and let's you specify the size in many different ways. Better yet,
    it's free!

    Dan, Jul 23, 2003
  8. Dan

    Dan Guest