    restrict the amount of time they spend on the Internet. I'm not so
    much concerned with content, but mores o with restricting their access
    and time. Thanks in advance.
    M.L., Apr 5, 2005

  2. M.L.

    SgtMinor Guest

    M.L. wrote:
    > Hi, I'm looking for parental control software (freeware preferred) for
    > my WinXP system. All the limited users have their own
    > password-protected account. I, as the admin, would like to allow them
    > to access the Internet on their account only after I have entered a
    > password or otherwise authorized them to do so. I'd also like to
    > restrict the amount of time they spend on the Internet. I'm not so
    > much concerned with content, but mores o with restricting their access
    > and time. Thanks in advance.

    You've got to be kidding...
    SgtMinor, Apr 5, 2005

  3. M.L.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "M.L." <> wrote in message

    > Hi, I'm looking for parental control software (freeware preferred) for
    > my WinXP system. All the limited users have their own
    > password-protected account. I, as the admin, would like to allow them
    > to access the Internet on their account only after I have entered a
    > password or otherwise authorized them to do so. I'd also like to
    > restrict the amount of time they spend on the Internet. I'm not so
    > much concerned with content, but mores o with restricting their access
    > and time. Thanks in advance.

    You got that backwards. The CONTENT is much more an issue than access and
    time.

    http://www.protectkids.com/
    http://www.enough.org/safeguards.htm
    http://www.kidshield.com/
    http://www.safekids.com/
    http://www.fbi.gov/publications/pguide/pguidee.htm

    Just about any kid with active hormones can get around filtering software.
    Supervision is much more important than filters. Log them in, and stay with
    them.
    Toolman Tim, Apr 5, 2005
  4. M.L.

    JANA Guest

    You GOT to be JOKING ! ! !

    There is a lot of educational material on the net. You should not restrict
    the use of that. Someone can spend a number of hours just to find a few
    basic things.

    Restricting your children will only make them frustrated and rebellious.

    WRONG CHOICE you have!!!

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 5, 2005
  5. M.L.

    * Guest

    Hi JANA, You told me:

    >> Hi, I'm looking for parental control software

    >> I'm not so much concerned with content, but more
    >> so with restricting their access and time.

    > You GOT to be JOKING ! ! !

    > Restricting your children will only make them frustrated and
    > rebellious.
    >
    > WRONG CHOICE you have!!!

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You fucking useless pillock. Fucking well do the
    planet a favour and emulate a dead pope, you fucking useless piece of trash.
    *, Apr 5, 2005
  6. M.L.

    trout Guest

    wrote:

    > Take a look at Weblocker
    > http://weblocker.fameleads.com/
    >
    > This may do some of what you are looking for. And, when the service is
    > terminated, (Task Manager) - it will automatically restart.
    > I am not sure if it will do the "Time of Day" restrictions or not.

    Say, you didn't happen to notice that you replied to (and reposted)
    a huge spam (in Spanish, yet) that had been stuck in the middle of the
    thread?
    --
    It was kind of hard to miss.
    trout, Apr 5, 2005
  7. M.L.

    FML Guest

    M.L. spewed forth...

    > Hi, I'm looking for parental control software (freeware preferred) for
    > my WinXP system. All the limited users have their own
    > password-protected account. I, as the admin, would like to allow them
    > to access the Internet on their account only after I have entered a
    > password or otherwise authorized them to do so. I'd also like to
    > restrict the amount of time they spend on the Internet. I'm not so
    > much concerned with content, but mores o with restricting their access
    > and time. Thanks in advance.

    We have been using CyberSitter ($29 US) for a couple of years and it
    works well. Although their strength is in the area of content
    management, it does offer features to restrict usage to given time
    frames. The content filters are highly customizable and you can set up
    white and black lists. It can also filter e-mail and chat and even send
    you transcripts of chat sessions. We only use it for content filtering
    since all features can be independently turned on or off.

    Another cool feature, if the kids have their own computer, there is a
    small program you can install on your computer that allows you to shut
    off their access remotely at the press of a button.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    Really pisses them off when they are grounded and you kill their access.
    FML, Apr 5, 2005
  8. M.L.

    SgtMinor Guest

    FML wrote:

    > M.L. spewed forth...
    >

    >> Hi, I'm looking for parental control software (freeware preferred) for
    >> my WinXP system. All the limited users have their own
    >> password-protected account. I, as the admin, would like to allow them
    >> to access the Internet on their account only after I have entered a
    >> password or otherwise authorized them to do so. I'd also like to
    >> restrict the amount of time they spend on the Internet. I'm not so
    >> much concerned with content, but mores o with restricting their access
    >> and time. Thanks in advance.

    > We have been using CyberSitter ($29 US) for a couple of years and it
    > works well. Although their strength is in the area of content
    > management, it does offer features to restrict usage to given time
    > frames. The content filters are highly customizable and you can set up
    > white and black lists. It can also filter e-mail and chat and even send
    > you transcripts of chat sessions. We only use it for content filtering
    > since all features can be independently turned on or off.
    >
    > Another cool feature, if the kids have their own computer, there is a
    > small program you can install on your computer that allows you to shut
    > off their access remotely at the press of a button.
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    >
    > Really pisses them off when they are grounded and you kill their access.

    Let's hope you are not really a parent and that you are not responsible
    for the welfare of any children anywhere at any time. The job of an
    adult in raising children is much more than pissing them off.

    If a child is too immature to be trusted with his or her own computer,
    that child should use a computer only with a responsible adult nearby in
    the same room. Anyone who relies on a computer nanny to supervise his
    kids' Internet activities is asking for two things. First, the child
    will be highly motivated to find a way around the impediment, and as a
    result become more technologically savvy. Second, given that trust and
    respect are not part of the parent-child relationship, the child will
    take full advantage of his soon-to-be technological advantage over the
    parent. Soon he'll know how to drain your bank account and really piss
    you off.
    SgtMinor, Apr 5, 2005
  9. M.L.

    FML Guest

    SgtMinor spewed forth...

    > Let's hope you are not really a parent and that you are not responsible
    > for the welfare of any children anywhere at any time. The job of an
    > adult in raising children is much more than pissing them off.
    >
    > If a child is too immature to be trusted with his or her own computer,
    > that child should use a computer only with a responsible adult nearby in
    > the same room. Anyone who relies on a computer nanny to supervise his
    > kids' Internet activities is asking for two things. First, the child
    > will be highly motivated to find a way around the impediment, and as a
    > result become more technologically savvy. Second, given that trust and
    > respect are not part of the parent-child relationship, the child will
    > take full advantage of his soon-to-be technological advantage over the
    > parent. Soon he'll know how to drain your bank account and really piss
    > you off.

    You bet I am a parent. A proud parent of two great kids. Are you a parent?
    Because you have no idea what you are talling about.

    The reason we use CyberSitter is to protect our chilldren from the sickos
    out there. A couple of years ago my daughter was doing research on the book
    'Little Women' and you should see what came up when she did a search on
    that term.

    I trust my children as much as one should realisitically trust teenagers.
    But they are kids, human kids. I like being able to remove their internet
    access when they are grounded to their room.

    Obviously you have no need for this since you AND your children are
    perfect, right? Jeez!

    BTW. I have a masters in Electrical Engineering and have been developing
    software for over 20 years so I don't see any "soon-to-be technological
    advantage" on the horizon.

    Maybe next time you should load your brains before you shoot off your mouth
    (cause I know you were moving your lips as you typed).

    The guy asked if anyone knew of good Parental Control software. He didn't
    ask for a dickweed like you to Pontificate. All I did was answer his
    question. All you did was try to shove your opinion down someone's throat.

    Hmmmm!
    FML, Apr 6, 2005