    Outlook Express instead of Outlook, which is what I am using for email.
    Because of this, the messages are not sent. What can I do to fix? Thanks.

    Tom Cross

    tscross, Feb 6, 2008

  2. Is SolidWorks a 64-bit application? If so, that is the behaviour I would
    expect. Your best workaround is to set up OE just enough so that it can send
    email. Then not worry about it again. The issue is that Outlook is 32bit,
    and OE is 64bit. Because of this, a 64bit application will always choose OE.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 6, 2008

  3. tscross

    tscross Guest

    Charlie,

    Thanks, I guess I will do that, and yes, Solidworks is a 64 bit version that
    we are running.

    Tom
    --
    tscross

    tscross, Feb 6, 2008
  4. Did you check? Outlook is our default email program?

    Open Internet Explorer, in menu bar, tools/internet options/programs and
    select Outlook as your defult mail software.

    msnews.microsoft.com, Feb 7, 2008
  5. tscross

    tscross Guest

    Yes, that is what I am using....except apparently Solidworks 2008 x64 uses
    Outlook Express. But I spoke with the SW people and they say it is a Windows
    internet explorer? setup.
    --
    tscross

    tscross, Feb 7, 2008
  6. tscross

    tscross Guest

    Also, yes, I have done that.....set up Outlook as my email default software.
    SW still wants to use O.E. Thanks.
    --
    tscross

    tscross, Feb 7, 2008