Need original manual for Olympus C-2500L

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ken_B, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. Ken_B

    Ken_B Guest

    Ken_B, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Ken_B

    Paul H. Guest

    "Ken_B" <ken5229"at"softhome.net> wrote in message

    Great. No "thanks in advance", just an email address and a big "GIMMEEEEE"!

    Bite me, jerkoff. Learn how to use Google.

    Paul H., Dec 5, 2003

  3. Ken_B

    CSM1 Guest

    "Ken_B" <ken5229"at"softhome.net> wrote in message

    Start here for Olympus Manuals.
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_brochuresmanuals.asp

    Direct link to the Olympus C-2500L instruction Manual. In Windows Right
    click this link, Save Target As.
    http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/C2500l.zip

    You need Winzip to unpackage. It is a three part manual. Contains three PDF
    files.
    http://www.winzip.com/ddchomea.htm

    You also need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the PDFs.

    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Ken_B

    CSM1 Guest

    "Paul H." <> wrote in message

    > "Ken_B" <ken5229"at"softhome.net> wrote in message
    > >

    > Great. No "thanks in advance", just an email address and a big

    "GIMMEEEEE"!

    > Bite me, jerkoff. Learn how to use Google.

    Paul H.:
    Google will not find it! Olympus' web is active server and the individual
    pages are not logged by Google.

    Do YOU know how to find Digital Camera Manuals online?
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Dec 5, 2003
  5. Ken_B

    Paul H. Guest

    "CSM1" <> wrote in message
    > "Paul H." <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ken_B" <ken5229"at"softhome.net> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > Great. No "thanks in advance", just an email address and a big

    > "GIMMEEEEE"!
    > >
    > > Bite me, jerkoff. Learn how to use Google.
    > >

    > Paul H.:
    > Google will not find it! Olympus' web is active server and the individual
    > pages are not logged by Google.
    >
    > Do YOU know how to find Digital Camera Manuals online?
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Sigh... You simply don't know how to use Google. Type in the phrase below
    in a Google search box and include the quotes:

    -----------------------------------
    "c-2500l" manual pdf
    -----------------------------------

    The very first hit on the page will take you to an ftp site containing many
    Olympus manuals, including the C-2500L manual. Who cares about the
    Olympus website and what does that have to do with Google, anyway?

    Besides, I wasn't criticizing the guy's request, just his bad attitude. To
    ask readers to acquire and then send him a multi-megabyte file without so
    much as a "how do you do?" is utterly rude.

    Paul H., Dec 5, 2003
  6. Ken_B

    CSM1 Guest

    "Paul H." <> wrote in message

    > "CSM1" <> wrote in message
    > > "Paul H." <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Ken_B" <ken5229"at"softhome.net> wrote in message
    > > > >

    > > > Great. No "thanks in advance", just an email address and a big

    > > "GIMMEEEEE"!
    > > >
    > > > Bite me, jerkoff. Learn how to use Google.
    > > >

    > > Paul H.:
    > > Google will not find it! Olympus' web is active server and the

    individual
    > > pages are not logged by Google.
    > >
    > > Do YOU know how to find Digital Camera Manuals online?
    > > --
    > > CSM1
    > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    > Sigh... You simply don't know how to use Google. Type in the phrase below
    > in a Google search box and include the quotes:
    >
    > -----------------------------------
    > "c-2500l" manual pdf
    > -----------------------------------
    >
    > The very first hit on the page will take you to an ftp site containing

    many
    > Olympus manuals, including the C-2500L manual. Who cares about the
    > Olympus website and what does that have to do with Google, anyway?
    >

    > Besides, I wasn't criticizing the guy's request, just his bad attitude.

    > ask readers to acquire and then send him a multi-megabyte file without so
    > much as a "how do you do?" is utterly rude.

    I did not see it as rude, I saw it as dumb, someone without a clue.

    Ok, that search string found some C-2500L manuals, The link I gave is the
    official manual from Olympus USA Support. It is in English.

    Do you know where to find a true Service Manual for an AcerView Model 7134T
    Monitor. Built in January 1998. Benq refuses to sell one. Benq wants me to
    ship the monitor to California to their shop and charge me to fix it. By the
    time I paid for the shipping and the repair, I can buy another monitor.

    I have found some crappy 300 DPI schematics online.
    I have the service manual for Acer 34T, but it is not a 7134T.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Dec 5, 2003
  7. Ken_B

    Paul H. Guest

    "CSM1" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, that search string found some C-2500L manuals, The link I gave is the
    > official manual from Olympus USA Support. It is in English.
    >
    > Do you know where to find a true Service Manual for an AcerView Model

    7134T
    > Monitor. Built in January 1998. Benq refuses to sell one. Benq wants me to
    > ship the monitor to California to their shop and charge me to fix it. By

    the
    > time I paid for the shipping and the repair, I can buy another monitor.
    >
    > I have found some crappy 300 DPI schematics online.
    > I have the service manual for Acer 34T, but it is not a 7134T.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Did you try
    AcerView 7134T "service manual"

    as your Google search string? It yields
    http://www.service-manuals.net/manuals/a/acer/acer.htm as a possible source
    for a manual and the site offers several free downloads of "examples" so you
    can kinda/sorta see what you'll be getting for your money. However, it's
    sad but true that not everything is on the web, free or not, though that
    doesn't excuse a person from not looking properly.

    Frankly, I'd buy another monitor. Yours is five years old and component
    aging is going to continue to cause problems, particularly so for
    electrolytic capacitors exposed to heat.

    Paul H., Dec 5, 2003
  8. Ken_B

    CSM1 Guest

    "Paul H." <> wrote in message

    > "CSM1" <> wrote in message
    > > Ok, that search string found some C-2500L manuals, The link I gave is

    the
    > > official manual from Olympus USA Support. It is in English.
    > >
    > > Do you know where to find a true Service Manual for an AcerView Model

    > 7134T
    > > Monitor. Built in January 1998. Benq refuses to sell one. Benq wants me

    > > ship the monitor to California to their shop and charge me to fix it. By

    > the
    > > time I paid for the shipping and the repair, I can buy another monitor.
    > >
    > > I have found some crappy 300 DPI schematics online.
    > > I have the service manual for Acer 34T, but it is not a 7134T.
    > >
    > > --
    > > CSM1
    > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    > Did you try
    > AcerView 7134T "service manual"
    >
    > as your Google search string? It yields
    > http://www.service-manuals.net/manuals/a/acer/acer.htm as a possible

    source
    > for a manual and the site offers several free downloads of "examples" so

    you
    > can kinda/sorta see what you'll be getting for your money. However, it's
    > sad but true that not everything is on the web, free or not, though that
    > doesn't excuse a person from not looking properly.
    >
    > Frankly, I'd buy another monitor. Yours is five years old and component
    > aging is going to continue to cause problems, particularly so for
    > electrolytic capacitors exposed to heat.

    Thanks for the Link.

    I went to the site, they list a Acer 7134T service manual for $15 as a
    Download. I have to agree the monitor is five years old and I was looking at
    it when it quit. The thing I hate, is it always had an excellent Color
    Temperature.

    I did buy another monitor, I actually bought two old monitors, That were
    older than the Acer. (Cheap Sh.. 1995 models $20 each plus $20 each
    shipping). But they work.

    Thanks, this is my last reply.
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Dec 6, 2003
  9. Ken_B

    Ken_B Guest

    I'm looking for an ORIGINAL manual, not a pdf. If anyone has a spare copy
    they'd sell please contact me.

    Ken_B, Dec 6, 2003
  10. Ken_B

    CSM1 Guest

    > I'm looking for an ORIGINAL manual, not a pdf. If anyone has a spare copy
    > they'd sell please contact me.

    Olympus will sell you an original Manual for $10. Start here and follow the
    links and dropdown boxes. The link on this page is "Instruction manuals".

    http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_brochuresmanuals.asp

    When you get to the final page you will find downloads and:

    Manuals for Purchase
    C-2500L Digital Camera Instruction Manual ($10.00) (Buy Now)

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    CSM1, Dec 7, 2003