  1. I installed the 64bit trial and thought the old programs like picture it
    would carry over. i had alot of meaningful pictures and now i cant find them.
    is there anyway to get them back??? pleaser help me out

    =?Utf-8?B?dHBtb25leQ==?=, Jan 12, 2006

  2. The 64 bit trial is a Clean Installation only, there is no upgrade option.
    If you are now dual booting, boot to the original OS to read the data.
    If you performed a Clean Installation, you probably formatted the partition.
    If that is the case, you will need to restore your missing data from your
    back-ups.

    Or there may be options here:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm
    Some are expensive, depending on exactly what you did.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jan 12, 2006

  3. Uh, Windows XP Professional x64 is a clean install, so that means you would
    have to back up any data first then restore the and reinstall the
    application associated with files. Which version of Picture It! are you
    using? I know that the latest version 10 works on x64, might wanna shell out
    cash on a new copy just to stay compatible or return back XP x86 if you
    really find those memories really valuable. But did you back up before you
    installed x64, was it on a raw disk or a partition? If you booted off the
    x64 disk with an existing version of Windows on the drive, your memories
    just went out the Windows - s.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 12, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dHBtb25leQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    The older versions of Picture-it work too. I have 2001. This is just a case
    of someone having no clue.

    John Barnes, Jan 12, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dHBtb25leQ==?=

    Randy Guest

    There is a very slight chance, if when doing the fresh install of x64, you
    set up your hard drive exactly as it was before (same # and size partitions
    in same arrangement, nothing fancy, and same file system), and haven't over
    written all the data space (for example, with a full format or disk scrub
    util), especially if you previously used a recovery or disk management util
    (such as migh place all user-created data at the outside of the disk), that
    you could do an unformat and undelete to recover at least some of your
    data... if it's so critical as to warrant such work. You can google for
    such utils online... I previously had good luck with Norton utils prior to
    going to NTSF and >8G hard drives, but it doesn't handle larger partitions
    or NTFS so well. You may need to re-format in the *previous* file system
    before you can unformat (again) and start looking for files... Now there are
    shareware standalone utils that manage the entire task on their own. I
    haven't had much success with them though.

    Backups (and reading manuals ahead of implementing new work) is almost
    always your best bet... good luck.

    Randy, Jan 12, 2006
  6. Right on! :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 12, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?dHBtb25leQ==?=

    Guest

    If the files were erased from your HDD, your chance to bring them back
    is to use Active@ Undelete or Uneraser (for pure DOS) data recovery
    tools. They are really powerful and helped me before much. You should
    definately try it out.

    http://www.active-undelete.com/

    http://www.uneraser.com/

    , Jan 14, 2006