    which I like but does not work with the hp scanner. I hate this hp scanner
    but not because of the scanner but the software, if I could use it with the
    old mirascan software that worked on the acerprisa I would be happy.
    searching, Apr 11, 2006

  2. searching

    -=rjh=- Guest

    searching wrote:
    > I brought a 2ndhand hp scanjet 5200c to replace my acerprisa 310p but I hate
    > the way the software works on the hp scanjet, I find it very cumbersome,
    > time consuming and unuser friendly so I would really appreciate it if
    > someone could suggest an alternative that works something like mirascan
    > which I like but does not work with the hp scanner. I hate this hp scanner
    > but not because of the scanner but the software, if I could use it with the
    > old mirascan software that worked on the acerprisa I would be happy.

    SANE's good.

    But if you are running Windows (you don't say) try Vuescan; if your
    scanner is of reasonable quality it is likely to be supported.

    Vuescan works under Linux also, but AFAIK not Mac.
    -=rjh=-, Apr 11, 2006

  3. searching

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "searching" <searching@research> wrote in news:443b6e06$:

    So you are looking for a replacement Twain Driver?

    What happens if you just do an aquire image from an app like IRfanview?

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Apr 11, 2006
  4. searching

    SteveM Guest

    "searching" <searching@research> wrote in news:443b6e06$:

    > I brought a 2ndhand hp scanjet 5200c to replace my acerprisa 310p but
    > I hate the way the software works on the hp scanjet, I find it very
    > cumbersome, time consuming and unuser friendly so I would really
    > appreciate it if someone could suggest an alternative that works
    > something like mirascan which I like but does not work with the hp
    > scanner. I hate this hp scanner but not because of the scanner but the
    > software, if I could use it with the old mirascan software that worked
    > on the acerprisa I would be happy.

    If you are using XP then the inbuilt scanner service may be OK.
    I use it for my HP 5100C (Printer Port connection) Scanner with good
    results.

    SteveM
    SteveM, Apr 12, 2006
  5. searching

    searching Guest

    "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    > "searching" <searching@research> wrote in news:443b6e06$:
    >
    > > I brought a 2ndhand hp scanjet 5200c to replace my acerprisa 310p but
    > > I hate the way the software works on the hp scanjet, I find it very
    > > cumbersome, time consuming and unuser friendly so I would really
    > > appreciate it if someone could suggest an alternative that works
    > > something like mirascan which I like but does not work with the hp
    > > scanner. I hate this hp scanner but not because of the scanner but the
    > > software, if I could use it with the old mirascan software that worked
    > > on the acerprisa I would be happy.
    > >

    > If you are using XP then the inbuilt scanner service may be OK.
    > I use it for my HP 5100C (Printer Port connection) Scanner with good
    > results.
    >
    > SteveM

    Thanks, I should have said I was using win98se, sorry about that and to be
    clearer it is the twain driver software that I need an alternative to
    although it sounds like I will be out of luck from what i have read.
    searching, Apr 12, 2006
  6. searching

    -=rjh=- Guest

    searching wrote:
    > "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    >> "searching" <searching@research> wrote in news:443b6e06$:
    >>
    >>> I brought a 2ndhand hp scanjet 5200c to replace my acerprisa 310p but
    >>> I hate the way the software works on the hp scanjet, I find it very
    >>> cumbersome, time consuming and unuser friendly so I would really
    >>> appreciate it if someone could suggest an alternative that works
    >>> something like mirascan which I like but does not work with the hp
    >>> scanner. I hate this hp scanner but not because of the scanner but the
    >>> software, if I could use it with the old mirascan software that worked
    >>> on the acerprisa I would be happy.
    >>>

    >> If you are using XP then the inbuilt scanner service may be OK.
    >> I use it for my HP 5100C (Printer Port connection) Scanner with good
    >> results.
    >>
    >> SteveM

    > Thanks, I should have said I was using win98se, sorry about that and to be
    > clearer it is the twain driver software that I need an alternative to
    > although it sounds like I will be out of luck from what i have read.

    If you check out my previous suggestions, you will find that they
    replace the twain drivers AFAIK.
    -=rjh=-, Apr 13, 2006
  7. searching

    searching Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    > searching wrote:
    > > "SteveM" <> wrote in message

    > >> If you are using XP then the inbuilt scanner service may be OK.
    > >> I use it for my HP 5100C (Printer Port connection) Scanner with good
    > >> results.
    > >>
    > >> SteveM

    > > Thanks, I should have said I was using win98se, sorry about that and to

    be
    > > clearer it is the twain driver software that I need an alternative to
    > > although it sounds like I will be out of luck from what i have read.
    > >

    > If you check out my previous suggestions, you will find that they
    > replace the twain drivers AFAIK.

    I think you have got confused, you made no previous suggestions.
    searching, Apr 13, 2006
  8. searching

    -=rjh=- Guest

    searching wrote:
    > "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
    >> searching wrote:
    >>> "SteveM" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks, I should have said I was using win98se, sorry about that and to

    > be
    >>> clearer it is the twain driver software that I need an alternative to
    >>> although it sounds like I will be out of luck from what i have read.
    >>>

    >> If you check out my previous suggestions, you will find that they
    >> replace the twain drivers AFAIK.

    > I think you have got confused, you made no previous suggestions.

    http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/2745e970941920c0

    As I said, try Vuescan.

    Also check out Sane, not sure of the current status on Windows.
    -=rjh=-, Apr 13, 2006
  9. searching

    searching Guest

    but

    the

    worked

    > > be
    > >>>

    > >> If you check out my previous suggestions, you will find that they
    > >> replace the twain drivers AFAIK.

    > > I think you have got confused, you made no previous suggestions.
    > >

    > http://groups.google.co.nz/group/nz.comp/msg/2745e970941920c0
    >
    > As I said, try Vuescan.
    >
    > Also check out Sane, not sure of the current status on Windows.

    Sorry i somehow missed that the first time around, I missed another reply
    around the same time, i presume it was my error and not a newsserver problem
    where the posts did not show up till long after they were posted. Thanks
    again, I will try that.
    searching, Apr 13, 2006