    it.Would appreciate any tips on something that is smaller/lighter and
    is as good?

    THANKS

    rhonda, Aug 4, 2006

  2. rhonda

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 00:03:56 GMT, rhonda wrote:

    > I want to get a new travel camera and am thinking about one of the
    > Canon PowerShot series. I have an older S400 and was happy with
    > it.Would appreciate any tips on something that is smaller/lighter and
    > is as good?

    The S400 is already pretty small and lightweight. You may find
    that a smaller and lighter camera is more convenient to carry in a
    pocket or small bag, but more difficult to hold and operate. In
    other words, if you get any good tips, try not to buy one unless you
    are able to find a camera store that will let you hold and operate
    it a bit, or if the store will allow you to return it "no questions
    asked" within a reasonable amount of time.

    ASAAR, Aug 4, 2006

  3. rhonda

    mdsnurse5 Guest

    Don't have a clue if it's lighter or smaller, but I have a Canon
    powershot 500 that I'm willing to part with since getting a SLR. I
    also have 4 fully charged batteries, 2 chargers, and camera case to go
    with it. Don't know if you must have a new camera, but this one is in
    excellent condition and has rarely been used. Used it a few times and
    realized I needed more from a camera and went with the SLR. Just
    something to think about.

    Jackie

    mdsnurse5, Aug 4, 2006
  4. rhonda

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Lots of choices out there! I picked up a Panasonic FX01, and love the
    performance and the wide angle lens. I've printed up to 11 x 14 from this
    cam and the prints look very nice. Good lens range, IS, nice controls, and
    uses standard SD cards.

    Kinon O'Cann, Aug 4, 2006
  5. rhonda

    Marvin Guest

    rhonda wrote:
    > I want to get a new travel camera and am thinking about one of the
    > Canon PowerShot series. I have an older S400 and was happy with
    > it.Would appreciate any tips on something that is smaller/lighter and
    > is as good?
    >
    > THANKS

    Consider the Panasonic cameras. They are less expensive
    than other cameras with similar characteristics. For
    example, I recently bought the DMC-LZ3, with 5 Mp, 6X zoom,
    and image stabilization for $199. It is light in weight,
    and has good battery life, even with alkaline batteries, and
    that makes it good for travel. And the image stabilization
    (which works) is a plus if you don't want to carry a tripod
    or want to take photos from a moving car or bus. And I like
    the picture color and crispness.

    Marvin, Aug 4, 2006