    $300 when I bought it several years ago?

    Any experience with the Canon Pixma iP5200R?

    Brian
    BeeCee, Nov 16, 2006

  2. BeeCee

    Pete D Guest

    "BeeCee" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Canon i960 has just crapped out so I'm in need of a new color printer
    > ASAP.
    >
    > Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the state of the industry
    > lately and have no idea of what I might replace it with.
    >
    > I'm strictly an amateur and the now dead i960 was fulfilling my needs
    > quite adequately. I seldom have a need to go beyond 8-1/2" x 11".
    >
    > What is on the market now in about that same price range, which was around
    > $300 when I bought it several years ago?
    >
    > Any experience with the Canon Pixma iP5200R?
    >
    > Brian

    I have a Canon 5200R, great prints, I regularly use Ilford paper and the
    profiles are perfect. Prints on CD's as well. Ink usage is reasonable.

    Defonately worth getting.
    Pete D, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Pete D wrote:
    > "BeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >> My Canon i960 has just crapped out so I'm in need of a new color printer
    >> ASAP.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the state of the industry
    >> lately and have no idea of what I might replace it with.
    >>
    >> I'm strictly an amateur and the now dead i960 was fulfilling my needs
    >> quite adequately. I seldom have a need to go beyond 8-1/2" x 11".
    >>
    >> What is on the market now in about that same price range, which was around
    >> $300 when I bought it several years ago?
    >>
    >> Any experience with the Canon Pixma iP5200R?
    >>
    >> Brian
    >>

    > I have a Canon 5200R, great prints, I regularly use Ilford paper and the
    > profiles are perfect. Prints on CD's as well. Ink usage is reasonable.
    >
    > Defonately worth getting.

    Jumping right in here--are the newer printer inks more resistant to
    fading than the older inks? A series of experiments with HP and Epson
    inkjet printers in the past haven't been too impressive. A printed
    picture exposed to normal incandescent light in a room changed color
    balance as one or more of the inks faded.

    I haven't tried this test with our year old HP 1610 yet.

    --
    Pat O'Connell
    [note munged EMail address]
    Pat O'Connell, Nov 17, 2006
  4. BeeCee

    Pete D Guest

    "Pat O'Connell" <> wrote in message
    > Pete D wrote:
    >> "BeeCee" <> wrote in message
    >>> My Canon i960 has just crapped out so I'm in need of a new color printer
    >>> ASAP.
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with the state of the industry
    >>> lately and have no idea of what I might replace it with.
    >>>
    >>> I'm strictly an amateur and the now dead i960 was fulfilling my needs
    >>> quite adequately. I seldom have a need to go beyond 8-1/2" x 11".
    >>>
    >>> What is on the market now in about that same price range, which was
    >>> around $300 when I bought it several years ago?
    >>>
    >>> Any experience with the Canon Pixma iP5200R?
    >>>
    >>> Brian
    >>>

    >> I have a Canon 5200R, great prints, I regularly use Ilford paper and the
    >> profiles are perfect. Prints on CD's as well. Ink usage is reasonable.
    >>
    >> Defonately worth getting.

    > Jumping right in here--are the newer printer inks more resistant to fading
    > than the older inks? A series of experiments with HP and Epson inkjet
    > printers in the past haven't been too impressive. A printed picture
    > exposed to normal incandescent light in a room changed color balance as
    > one or more of the inks faded.
    >
    > I haven't tried this test with our year old HP 1610 yet.
    >
    > --
    > Pat O'Connell
    > [note munged EMail address]
    > Take nothing but pictures, Leave nothing but footprints,
    > Kill nothing but vandals...

    The new Canons use Chromalife 100 inks, supposed to be much better for
    achiving.
    Pete D, Nov 17, 2006