    I enter this in my computer and more specifically how do I setup her
    identity and password. Thanks in advance for you help. Fred

    , Feb 28, 2004

  2. DeMoN LaG Guest

    "" <coria1atexecpc.com> wrote in news:EO10c.146528
    $:

    > Where do
    > I enter this in my computer and more specifically how do I setup her
    > identity and password. Thanks in advance for you help. Fred

    You have to create a user account for her, look in Computer Management
    under Users and Groups. If you give her the same name and password on your
    machine that she uses on her machine, she should be automatically logged in
    when she accesses the share.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "" <coria1atexecpc.com> wrote in news:EO10c.146528
    > $:
    >
    > > Where do
    > > I enter this in my computer and more specifically how do I setup her
    > > identity and password. Thanks in advance for you help. Fred
    > >

    > You have to create a user account for her, look in Computer Management
    > under Users and Groups. If you give her the same name and password on

    your
    > machine that she uses on her machine, she should be automatically logged

    in
    > when she accesses the share.
    >
    > --
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > website: under construction
    > email/IM for rates/services

    Thanks, Demon. She does not have alog-in setup on her machine. It boots
    directly to her desktop with out asking for a user name or password.
    Suggestions???

    , Feb 29, 2004
  4. Thor Guest

    "" <coria1atexecpc.com> wrote in message

    > "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > > "" <coria1atexecpc.com> wrote in news:EO10c.146528
    > > $:
    > >
    > > > Where do
    > > > I enter this in my computer and more specifically how do I setup her
    > > > identity and password. Thanks in advance for you help. Fred
    > > >

    > > You have to create a user account for her, look in Computer Management
    > > under Users and Groups. If you give her the same name and password on

    > your
    > > machine that she uses on her machine, she should be automatically logged

    > in
    > > when she accesses the share.
    > >
    > > --
    > > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > > website: under construction
    > > Need a technician in the south Jersey area?
    > > email/IM for rates/services
    > >

    > Thanks, Demon. She does not have alog-in setup on her machine. It boots
    > directly to her desktop with out asking for a user name or password.
    > Suggestions???

    You'll need to change that. On her machine go into the user accounts in the
    control panel, and create a logon password while making note of her current
    account/user name. Then create a user account for her on the Win2K machine
    using that same exact username and password, then set the user permissions
    for folder access (accessable on the sharing options). Once this is done,
    when she logs onto her machine, the Win2K machine will recognize her login
    and allow access to it's resources.

    Thor, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Guest

    "> You'll need to change that. On her machine go into the user accounts in
    the
    > control panel, and create a logon password while making note of her

    current
    > account/user name. Then create a user account for her on the Win2K machine
    > using that same exact username and password, then set the user permissions
    > for folder access (accessable on the sharing options). Once this is done,
    > when she logs onto her machine, the Win2K machine will recognize her login
    > and allow access to it's resources.

    Thanks, Thor. Will have a chance to try it tonight.

    , Feb 29, 2004