    For nearly 10 years have been using product Photo Album ver 6.05 that does it all. Can be burned to a disk with the images and run stand alone, so itis great for sharing. It does everything -- a slide show, and one-at-a-time image show controlled by the mouse, or can be run from thumbnails. The user/viewer can choose which of the viewing methods s/he wants to use when they are ready to view the images. It can handle multiple albums such as a different album for each day on a trip. It is relatively easy to use, as well. Its only real problem is that it contains out-of-date and/or unsophisticated jpg rendering software which tends to emphasize image noise. What looks great in photoshop in terms of visible noise may (or may not) look noisy with Photo Album.

    I have been looking for several years for a replacement since there have been no upgrades to my Photo Album since 2003, but the only thing that comes close in terms of capability is Flip Album, but the flipping pages really annoy me.

    Anyone know of anything to recommend that I can look at?
    JOHNCHAP2, Feb 5, 2013

  2. JOHNCHAP2

    JOHNCHAP2 Guest

    Re: Need Modern Stand Alone Photo Image Organizer/Album Maker/SlideShow Maker

    Footnote: The finished product needs to be shareable, as with a CD or data DVD. Want a copy of my trip to XXXX? I will send you a disk that will run standalone.
    JOHNCHAP2, Feb 5, 2013

  3. JOHNCHAP2

    me Guest

    On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:51:18 -0800 (PST), JOHNCHAP2
    <> wrote:

    >For nearly 10 years have been using product Photo Album ver 6.05 that does it all.

    Can be burned to a disk with the images and run stand alone, so it is
    great for sharing.
    It does everything -- a slide show, and one-at-a-time image show
    controlled by the mouse, or can be run from thumbnails. The
    user/viewer can choose which of the viewing methods s/he wants to use
    when they are ready to view the images. It can handle multiple albums
    such as a different album for each day on a trip. It is relatively
    easy to use, as well. Its only real problem is that it contains
    out-of-date and/or unsophisticated jpg rendering software which tends
    to emphasize image noise. What looks great in photoshop in terms of
    visible noise may (or may not) look noisy with Photo Album.

    >I have been looking for several years for a replacement since there have been no upgrade

    s to my Photo Album since 2003, but the only thing that comes close in
    terms of capability is Flip Album, but the flipping pages really annoy
    me.

    >Anyone know of anything to recommend that I can look at?

    You don't mention how you want it to run? On what OS?

    For cross-platform support that runs under any browser with javascript
    see the JAlbum software (not the web site based stuff) at
    http://jalbum.net/en/software;jsessionid=1ffmubjowsvg3pqlqf1y55u69

    For Windoze only also consider Irfanview.
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    me, Feb 5, 2013
  4. JOHNCHAP2

    Peter Jason Guest

    <> wrote:

    >For nearly 10 years have been using product Photo Album ver 6.05 that does it all. Can be burned to a disk with the images and run stand alone, so it is great for sharing. It does everything -- a slide show, and one-at-a-time image show controlled by the mouse, or can be run from thumbnails. The user/viewer can choose which of the viewing methods s/he wants to use when they are ready to view the images. It can handle multiple albums such as a different album for each day on a trip. It is relatively easy to use, as well. Its only real problem is that it contains out-of-date and/or unsophisticated jpg rendering software which tends to emphasize image noise. What looks great in photoshop in terms of visible noise may (or may not) look noisy with Photo Album.
    >
    >I have been looking for several years for a replacement since there have been no upgrades to my Photo Album since 2003, but the only thing that comes close in terms of capability is Flip Album, but the flipping pages really annoy me.
    >
    >Anyone know of anything to recommend that I can look at?

    Lightroom 4 has a good database easy to use.

    Also, it has a "Photobook" built in that I haven't
    tried yet.
    Peter Jason, Feb 5, 2013