    ODBC driver for text files installed. Could any one please tell me how to
    install this driver.

    Thank you.

    Ahmed Saeed, May 23, 2007

  2. The following from an earlier post by Pascal might help:

    From a post by Pascal Deliot:

    It's important to understand which kind of DSN you have. On an x64 system,
    you can create an ODBC connection(DSN) on the 32-bit side of the system or
    on the 64-bit side of the system.

    32-bit applications will only see ODBC connections created in the 32-bit
    side, and 64-bits applications will only see ODBC connections from the
    64-bit side. Each kind of application has is own registry.

    To setup DSN for 32-bit application you must use:
    %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
    and for 64-bit application you must use:
    %WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe

    HTH
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 23, 2007

  3. Ahmed Saeed

    Ahmed Saeed Guest

    Thanks Charlie

    I found both the 32-bit and 64-bit ODBCs. However, only the 32-bit contains
    drivers for Text files and I have an ASP page that require to connect to a
    text file but it seems that the page connects to the 64-bit where not text
    drivers available. my question, is how I can connect to the text file using
    the available ODBC driver.

    Ahmed Saeed, May 24, 2007
  4. Sorry, you're outside my area of expertise. This is, ultimately, an ASP
    question of how to force it to call a 32-bit ODBC when it's 64-bit, or,
    alternately, how to write a 64-bit ODBC drivers for Text files. The overall
    focus of this newsgroup is around end-user and general IT questions. You
    might have better luck over on one of the more ASP oriented newsgroups.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 24, 2007
  5. Hello,
    I need to check, but I am not aware of any ODBC 64-bit drivers other than
    maybe SQL.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    |>From: "Charlie Russel - MVP" <>
    |>Subject: Re: Need Microsoft ODBC Driver for Text files
    |>Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:18:34 -0700
    |>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    |>
    |>Sorry, you're outside my area of expertise. This is, ultimately, an ASP
    |>question of how to force it to call a 32-bit ODBC when it's 64-bit, or,
    |>alternately, how to write a 64-bit ODBC drivers for Text files. The
    overall
    |>focus of this newsgroup is around end-user and general IT questions. You
    |>might have better luck over on one of the more ASP oriented newsgroups.
    |>
    |>--
    |>Charlie.
    |>http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    |>http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel
    |>

    |>"Ahmed Saeed" <> wrote in message
    |>> Thanks Charlie
    |>>
    |>> I found both the 32-bit and 64-bit ODBCs. However, only the 32-bit
    |>> contains drivers for Text files and I have an ASP page that require to
    |>> connect to a text file but it seems that the page connects to the
    64-bit
    |>> where not text drivers available. my question, is how I can connect to
    the
    |>> text file using the available ODBC driver.
    |>>

    |>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in
    message

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 24, 2007
  6. Hello,
    After checking there isn't a 64-bit text ODBC driver.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 30, 2007