    haven't had much luck trying to figure that out. Any suggestions?

    All help is greatly appreciated!

    , Oct 20, 2008

  2. alexd Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:52:04 -0700, sunjay wrote:

    > I am doing an snmpwalk of an address that has a cisco system. My task is
    > to see how many hits each virtual ip (vip) is getting. So far i haven't
    > had much luck trying to figure that out. Any suggestions?
    >
    > All help is greatly appreciated!

    What is a hit, exactly? What is 'a cisco system'? Switch? Router?
    Firewall? The Cisco MIBS would be a good place to start, but I fear that
    you're going to struggle if you don't use the exact terminology that
    Cisco do.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:33:07 up 6 days, 24 min, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.14, 0.14

    alexd, Oct 21, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Oct 21, 3:35 pm, alexd <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:52:04 -0700, sunjay wrote:
    > > I am doing an snmpwalk of an address that has a cisco system. My task is
    > > to see how many hits each virtual ip (vip) is getting. So far i haven't
    > > had much luck trying to figure that out. Any suggestions?

    > > All help is greatly appreciated!

    > What is a hit, exactly? What is 'a cisco system'? Switch? Router?
    > Firewall? The Cisco MIBS would be a good place to start, but I fear that
    > you're going to struggle if you don't use the exact terminology that
    > Cisco do.
    >
    > --
    >  <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    >  20:33:07 up 6 days, 24 min,  2 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.14, 0..14
    >  They call me titless because I have no tits

    Thank you Alex. Cisco replied that "unfortunately we do not have an
    OID that will provide you the statistics per VIP".

    , Oct 22, 2008
  4. alexd Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:59:40 -0700, sunjay wrote:

    > Thank you Alex. Cisco replied that "unfortunately we do not have an OID
    > that will provide you the statistics per VIP".

    If you can tell us what you mean by 'hit', and what platform it's on,
    someone might be able to help you further.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    18:44:06 up 6 days, 22:35, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.02

    alexd, Oct 22, 2008
  5. Guest

    On Oct 22, 1:45 pm, alexd <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:59:40 -0700, sunjay wrote:
    > > Thank you Alex. Cisco replied that "unfortunately we do not have an OID
    > > that will provide you the statistics per VIP".

    > If you can tell us what you mean by 'hit', and what platform it's on,
    > someone might be able to help you further.
    >
    > --
    >  <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    >  18:44:06 up 6 days, 22:35,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.02
    >  They call me titless because I have no tits

    By hit in this context ppl usually mean the number of times a vip was
    tried to be reached from outside. I dont know much about the platform
    since i am a developer, and the sysadmin is a very busy guy, but im
    fairly certain it is a linux box.

    , Oct 22, 2008