    Regards
    Henning.
    Please Remove in E-mail when used directly: .
    Henning Jensen, Mar 21, 2005

  2. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:41:53 GMT, _THIStele.dk
    (Henning Jensen) wrote:

    >Please Remove in E-mail when used directly: .

    Sorry - wrong email - please use this E-mail:
    .

    Regards
    Henning
    Henning Jensen, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Henning Jensen

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:41:53 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
    _THIStele.dk (Henning Jensen) wrote:

    >As I have got a sec. hand Nikkor AF VR 80-400 4.5-5.6 D ED, I am
    >missing the user guide for this lens.
    >
    >I need all the comments on the VR-function.

    From the NikonUSA tech support site:

    The Vibration Reduction technology built in to some Nikon lenses and
    cameras can reduce or eliminate vibration or movement in the camera during
    shooting. When the camera is on a tripod there will be very little (if any)
    movement so the question arises if VR should be used or not.

    With the following lenses/cameras VR should be "Off" when the camera is
    mounted on a tripod:

    * AF-S VR 24-120mm f3.5-5.6G
    * AF-S VR 70-200mm f2.8G
    * AF-S VR 80-400mm f4.5-5.6
    * Coolpix 8800

    With the following lenses VR can be "On" when the camera is mounted on a
    tripod:

    * AF-S VR 200-400mm f4

    For all lenses VR should be "On" when the camera/lens is used on a monopod.
    ----------
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, Mar 21, 2005
  4. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:04:15 -0500, Ed Ruf <>
    wrote:

    >>As I have got a sec. hand Nikkor AF VR 80-400 4.5-5.6 D ED, I am
    >>missing the user guide for this lens.

    >From the NikonUSA tech support site:

    Thanks for your kindly reply. But I have understood that the manual
    goes more in details and has more advices - so if any has the manual I
    am still interessed.

    Henning Jensen, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Henning Jensen

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:33:17 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
    _THIStele.dk (Henning Jensen) wrote:

    >Thanks for your kindly reply. But I have understood that the manual
    >goes more in details and has more advices - so if any has the manual I
    >am still interessed.

    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/D70/misc/index.html
    From the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR manual
    ----------
    Ed Ruf, Mar 22, 2005
  6. On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:41:34 -0500, Ed Ruf <>
    wrote:

    >http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/D70/misc/index.html
    >From the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR manual

    Thanks again for your helpful upload!

    Am I right that the VR-system on the 80-400 is not the same as on the
    70-200? E.g. the two mode on 80-400 are only where as or not you can
    see the reduction in the viewer. So some of the advices on the use of
    VR are different.

    But I am glad that you got me these pages - help me leaning this lens
    very much.

    Henning Jensen, Mar 22, 2005
  7. Henning Jensen

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:12:05 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
    _THIStele.dk (Henning Jensen) wrote:

    >Am I right that the VR-system on the 80-400 is not the same as on the
    >70-200? E.g. the two mode on 80-400 are only where as or not you can
    >see the reduction in the viewer. So some of the advices on the use of
    >VR are different.

    Would appear to be. However all I know of the 80-400mmVR come from
    http://www.nikonusa.com/specs/1996NAS.pdf
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Mar 22, 2005
  8. Henning Jensen

    C J Campbell Guest

    "Henning Jensen" <_THIStele.dk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:41:34 -0500, Ed Ruf <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/D70/misc/index.html
    > >From the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR manual

    > Thanks again for your helpful upload!
    >
    > Am I right that the VR-system on the 80-400 is not the same as on the
    > 70-200?

    You are right. Nikon seems to have implemented VR slightly differently on
    each lens.
    C J Campbell, Mar 22, 2005