    What size lens do I need for the above. I just want a lens protector or
    that uv filter thing so I don't scratch my lens. Which size?

    Thanks
    Ollie, Oct 7, 2003

  2. I use Olympus' CLA-1 which takes you from the camera's 41mm up to 43 mm, as
    well as clearing most of the lens' length (when it is extended of course), a
    step-up ring from 43mm to 46mm, and 46mm filters (UV protector, and
    polarizing occasionally). I'm pretty sure that you need the extra step-up
    ring on this camera, otherwise the lens will crash on the filter (the CLA-1
    being a little too short for the camera).

    I'm sure you can find more details on the web if you do a search (I did a
    while ago). There were even pictures of the setup.

    So, to summarize:

    C-3000 Zoom: 41 mm thread
    CLA-1: 41mm to 43mm (this is basically a 1 inch long step up ring)
    Step up from 43mm to 46mm
    46mm filters

    Note that you could step up to 49mm instead of 46mm, but that would hide the
    view from the viewfinder a little more, and, most important, obstruct the
    built-in flash a little more. When shooting indoors with a relatively wide
    angle, even the 46mm setup hides part of the flash, resulting in a darker
    lower left part of the picture (in the flash's shadow).

    -Nicolas

    Nicolas Turgeon, Oct 7, 2003