    laptop to display a Power Point presentation
    onto it... but when I plug the USB projector screen plug into the laptop it
    just says searching for signal?
    don, Sep 24, 2008

  2. don

    don Guest

    I assumed it was plug and play - we now have an "out of range" error -we are
    using the VGA cord now.

    don, Sep 25, 2008

  3. don

    chuckcar Guest

    "don" <> wrote in news:gbefmk$ojf$:

    > "PeeCee" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >> "don" <> wrote in message
    >>> My Video Projector screen is USB and I'm trying to get my Windows 2000
    >>> laptop to display a Power Point presentation
    >>> onto it... but when I plug the USB projector screen plug into the
    >>> laptop it just says searching for signal?
    >>>

    >> Don
    >>
    >> Did you install the drivers from the CD that came with the USB
    >> projector?
    >>

    > I assumed it was plug and play - we now have an "out of range" error -we
    > are using the VGA cord now.

    Plug and play just means it can identify some aspects of the hardware
    without knowing anything about its particulars. *Everything* requires a driver.
    Even the keyboard. This happens to be one device not old enough for the driver
    to be included in windows.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 26, 2008