    problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam cxlick on
    some keys of the keyboard
    to perform the booting?

    Alvin Ray Black, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Alvin Ray Black

    SgtMinor Guest

    Alvin Ray Black wrote:

    > My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
    > installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
    > Home addition.However hv been having some recent
    > problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam cxlick on
    > some keys of the keyboard
    > to perform the booting?

    Rebooting will not solve your problem unless your computer has been
    running for a month. Rebooting just means restarting the machine.

    If you were told to do a "repair installation" of XP, look here:

    and here:
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

    SgtMinor, Dec 4, 2004

  3. SgtMinor wrote:

    > Alvin Ray Black wrote:
    >
    >> My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
    >> installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
    >> Home addition.However hv been having some recent
    >> problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam
    >> cxlick on some keys of the keyboard
    >> to perform the booting?
    >>

    > Rebooting will not solve your problem unless your computer has been
    > running for a month. Rebooting just means restarting the machine.
    >
    > If you were told to do a "repair installation" of XP, look here:
    >
    > and here:
    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

    I checked the guy's headers to see if maybe he was a neighbor of mine. I
    hear people in this area using the term "reboot" to say "reinstalling
    Windows". And the funny box with all the wires coming out of it is the
    "modem", "hard disk" or even "modium" (my favorite). But his ISP doesn't
    serve my area.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Alvin Ray Black

    SgtMinor Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >
    >> Alvin Ray Black wrote:
    >>
    >>> My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
    >>> installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
    >>> Home addition.However hv been having some recent
    >>> problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam
    >>> cxlick on some keys of the keyboard
    >>> to perform the booting?
    >>>

    >> Rebooting will not solve your problem unless your computer has been
    >> running for a month. Rebooting just means restarting the machine.
    >>
    >> If you were told to do a "repair installation" of XP, look here:
    >> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    >>
    >> and here:
    >> http://www.theeldergeek.com/repairing_windows_xp.htm

    > I checked the guy's headers to see if maybe he was a neighbor of mine. I
    > hear people in this area using the term "reboot" to say "reinstalling
    > Windows". And the funny box with all the wires coming out of it is the
    > "modem", "hard disk" or even "modium" (my favorite). But his ISP doesn't
    > serve my area.

    I'm guessing you live in a "red" state. ;-)

    SgtMinor, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Alvin Ray Black

    Rob K Guest

    On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 20:05:57 -0500, Rôgêr wrote:

    <snip>

    > I checked the guy's headers to see if maybe he was a neighbor of mine. I
    > hear people in this area using the term "reboot" to say "reinstalling
    > Windows". And the funny box with all the wires coming out of it is the
    > "modem", "hard disk" or even "modium" (my favorite). But his ISP doesn't
    > serve my area.

    Must admit I've been looking at OP's headers - yup, the English is
    'remarkable', too, even by my standards. Are you serious about the
    'modium' bit ?

    Never a dull moment in 24HSHD......

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 4, 2004
  6. Alvin Ray Black wrote:
    > My Original computer came with Microsoft millennium
    > installd. Recently I changed to Microsoft Windows XP
    > Home addition.However hv been having some recent
    > problems and was told to reboot windows, Is there someway you cam cxlick on
    > some keys of the keyboard
    > to perform the booting?

    I'm assuming that you mean to reinstall the operating system, which in
    over 90% of the cases is Windows. If the computer is an HP desktop, you
    can usually get to the restore procedure by pressing F10 during startup.
    If it's a Dell or Gateway you probably have a restore disk. You may be
    able to find more specific info on the manufacturer's website, but
    getting on the phone and talking to a tech support drone is probably the
    best way to get through this. If it's not as automated as a restore
    disk, then I'd suggest you enlist the help of some local geek who has
    already be down this road before. It would save you a lot of hassle.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 4, 2004