    Hi

    Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

    Thanks.
    Bob, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Bob

    Volker Birk Guest

    In alt.computer.security Bob <> wrote:
    > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

    Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

    VB.
    --
    X-Pie Software GmbH
    Postfach 1540, 88334 Bad Waldsee
    Volker Birk, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Volker Birk () wrote:
    : In alt.computer.security Bob <> wrote:
    : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

    : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

    not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
    underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
    not happen for 11.x

    --
    Jim Hollenback

    my opinion.
    Jim Hollenback, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Bob

    Volker Birk Guest

    In comp.security.unix Jim Hollenback <> wrote:
    > Volker Birk () wrote:
    > : In alt.computer.security Bob <> wrote:
    > : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.
    > : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.
    > not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3.

    To be correct: HP-UX is C2 running in trusted mode from 10.20 up to
    11i Version 2.

    VB.
    Volker Birk, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Bob

    Guest

    In comp.security.unix Jim Hollenback <> wrote:
    > Volker Birk () wrote:
    > : In alt.computer.security Bob <> wrote:
    > : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

    > : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

    > not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
    > underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
    > not happen for 11.x

    > --
    > Jim Hollenback
    >
    > my opinion.

    now when hp speaks, how about spreading relevant information
    about the original question ?

    --
    Peter Håkanson
    , Nov 23, 2003
    : > Volker Birk () wrote:
    : > : In alt.computer.security Bob <> wrote:
    : > : > Can someone help me finding information on C3 Security for hpux systems.

    : > : Searching www.hp.com for "HP-UX trusted system" will help.

    : > not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
    : > underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
    : > not happen for 11.x

    : > --
    : > Jim Hollenback
    : >
    : > my opinion.

    : now when hp speaks, how about spreading relevant information
    : about the original question ?

    hp is not speaking. I commented that the 10.20 commercial product
    was not C3.

    --
    Jim Hollenback

    my opinion.
    Jim Hollenback, Nov 23, 2003
  7. Bob

    Joachim Ring Guest

    > : > not very much. HP-UX trusted systems are not C3. There was some B1 work
    > : > underway, but I'm not sure if 10.20 evergot it, and pretty sure it did
    > : > not happen for 11.x

    > hp is not speaking. I commented that the 10.20 commercial product
    > was not C3.

    this is pretty easy to say as there is no C3 criteria according to
    orange-book.

    but hpux can be given C2 equivalent security by enabling trusted
    system. as for the B1 equivalent offerings by hp there was 10.26 and
    10.24 with the former (aka Compartment Mode Workstation or CMW) being
    the army-green flavour and the latter (aka VVOS) being sold to banks
    et al. as a secure ecommerce platform (called VirtualVault). both were
    never actually evaluated according to the orange book (see
    http://www.radium.ncsc.mil/tpep/epl/epl-by-class.html) but they had
    the neccessary features and previous versions had the evaluation.

    as for hpux11.x there is 11.04 which i'm still wrangling at work even
    though hp has EOLed it this summer...

    joachim
    Joachim Ring, Nov 24, 2003