    hesitant, or overly cautious about using the cleaning disc. Can these be
    harmful in any way?

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Aphelion

    Tarkus Guest

    On 12/1/2004 5:06:58 PM, Aphelion wrote:

    > I have a Maxell DVD-LC lens cleaner that I used on my ancient Sony
    > player before it finally died after four good years. I've got a brand
    > new Panasonic F87S 5-disc progressive scan, and it's amazing, so I'm
    > kind of hesitant, or overly cautious about using the cleaning disc.
    > Can these be harmful in any way?

    Yes, I would only use one as a last resort. That is, your player is
    experiencing problems playing discs and you don't want to have it
    serviced.
    --
    "I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish!
    Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks.

    Tarkus, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Aphelion

    Biz Guest

    "Aphelion" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Maxell DVD-LC lens cleaner that I used on my ancient Sony player
    > before it finally died after four good years. I've got a brand new
    > Panasonic F87S 5-disc progressive scan, and it's amazing, so I'm kind of
    > hesitant, or overly cautious about using the cleaning disc. Can these be
    > harmful in any way?

    If your player is working flawlessly, never ever use a lens cleaner. If it
    starts struggling on disks you know are not scratched/dirty, and they play
    fine in another player, and you live in a dirty environment(smokers/heavy
    dust), then you can clean it with a lens cleaner IF you dont plan on sending
    it in for repairs/maintenance.

    Biz, Dec 2, 2004