    I am pretty good i think, so does my mom.

    Thanks
    Shaorn

    Anonymous, Dec 11, 2008

  2. Anonymous

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:56:29 +0100 (CET), Anonymous <>
    wrote:

    >Could you be so kind to have a quick look at my site and tell me how to improve it to get more traffic.
    >http://www.honeyhuckabee.com/
    >I am new to photography and want to make a bit of cash out of it.
    >I am pretty good i think, so does my mom.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Shaorn

    No back buttons.

    The link to "text on skin" is broken.

    If your intent is to sell images, the page fails miserably. There's
    no clear instructions on how to buy them or how much they are.

    If your intent is to display images, it's a nice site. I don't like
    splash pages and a lot of clicks, but this loads quickly on cable.
    Dunno about dial-up.

    You may think the choice of not using capitalization in the "About"
    page is cute and artsy, but the actuality is that it makes it
    difficult to read. Also, the lines are too long. People skim web
    pages, and long (wide) lines of text are difficult to read.

    This sentence needs revision: text on skin is a type of portraiture
    style that i am interested in; while a photo can say a thousand words,
    i like to include a few more by writing on scotch tape and placing it
    on the subject's skin.

    In that font, the semi-colon is not seen. Better to break it up into
    two sentences. The semi-colon is used to indicate a change in the
    sentence, but not an abrupt change like this.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Dec 11, 2008

  3. Anonymous

    ray Guest

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:56:29 +0100, Anonymous wrote:

    > Could you be so kind to have a quick look at my site and tell me how to
    > improve it to get more traffic. http://www.honeyhuckabee.com/
    > I am new to photography and want to make a bit of cash out of it. I am
    > pretty good i think, so does my mom.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Shaorn

    I'd recommend that you start by cleaning it up so that it is industry
    compliant. The HTML validator at www.w3c.org shows 9 errors and 2
    warnings. You may not think that is much worthwhile, and it isn't if your
    intended audience includes only folks using full blown computers. But it
    probably will not render properly on the newer generation handheld devices.

    ray, Dec 11, 2008
  4. Anonymous

    JC Dill Guest

    Anonymous wrote:
    > Could you be so kind to have a quick look at my site

    If your goal is to sell photos, I would focus on making it easier for
    people to buy photos.

    You may want to use a service like Smugmug or Exposure Manager to host
    your galleries and process sales. EM has also created a new service
    called Buy This Image - no subscription fees! For more details on these
    services, see:

    http://www.exposuremanager.com/aff/equinephotoart (you get $5 off the
    annual fee, or a free second month on monthly subscriptions)
    http://www.buythisimage.com/

    jc

    JC Dill, Dec 11, 2008
  5. Anonymous

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Dec 10, 9:56 pm, Anonymous <> wrote:

    > I am new to photography and want to make a bit of cash out of it.
    > I am pretty good i think, so does my mom.

    Maybe your mom will buy your pics?

    Annika1980, Dec 11, 2008
  6. Anonymous

    Marvin Guest

    Anonymous wrote:
    > Could you be so kind to have a quick look at my site and tell me how to improve it to get more traffic.
    > http://www.honeyhuckabee.com/
    > I am new to photography and want to make a bit of cash out of it.
    > I am pretty good i think, so does my mom.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Shaorn

    Navigation could be better. Once I open a group of
    thumbnails and click on one to see it enlarged, there seems
    to be no way to get back to the thumbnails directly.

    Marvin, Dec 12, 2008
  7. John Navas wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:56:29 +0100 (CET), Anonymous <>
    > wrote in <20081211025629.9835A1A78EB@isole>:
    >
    >> Could you be so kind to have a quick look at my site and tell me how to improve it to get more traffic.
    >> http://www.honeyhuckabee.com/
    >> I am new to photography and want to make a bit of cash out of it.
    >> I am pretty good i think, so does my mom.

    > Your home page needs to get people excited and draw them in.
    > What you have now doesn't do that, for me at least.
    >
    > You also need to figure out ways to drive traffic to your site,
    > which is the hardest part.

    WEll, posting on usenet asking for advice is one way.....color me
    cynical.......

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 13, 2008