    Any thoughts of what I may be missing here?

    tia

    Dennis Meissner

    dennis, Nov 16, 2004

  2. dennis

    John Holmes Guest

    dennis came up with this:

    > Hi All,
    > I am giving a presentation at our next local computer club meeting
    > titled "computer toys for christmas" Some of the items I plan to
    > discuss are things like: video cards, decent sound systems, cd/dvd
    > burners, photo printers. There is also adding ram or larger hard
    > drive. I know there are other gadgets like microscopes that
    > interfaced via usb and of course webcams.
    >
    > Any thoughts of what I may be missing here?
    >
    > tia
    >
    > Dennis Meissner

    A must have:
    http://blue-networks.net/ia/imagepages/image22.php

    --
    -John Holmes-

    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

    John Holmes, Nov 16, 2004

  3. dennis

    JD Guest

    dennis wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I am giving a presentation at our next local computer club meeting titled
    > "computer toys for christmas" Some of the items I plan to discuss are
    > things like: video cards, decent sound systems, cd/dvd burners, photo
    > printers. There is also adding ram or larger hard drive. I know there are
    > other gadgets like microscopes that interfaced via usb and of course
    > webcams.
    >
    > Any thoughts of what I may be missing here?
    >
    > tia
    >
    > Dennis Meissner

    I seen the gratest gizmo ever .. a USB powered coffee warmer :D how cool
    (and useful) is that

    JD, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Anybody see the home automation stuff over at www.x10.com (I think I am
    getting that for myself this christmas)

    Seems pretty cool..and the prices are not that bad. 99.00 for the
    starter system

    Computer Nerd, Nov 18, 2004
  5. dennis

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "JD" <x@x> wrote in message news:419ceafa$0$1066$...
    > dennis wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >> I am giving a presentation at our next local computer club meeting titled
    >> "computer toys for christmas" Some of the items I plan to discuss are
    >> things like: video cards, decent sound systems, cd/dvd burners, photo
    >> printers. There is also adding ram or larger hard drive. I know there
    >> are
    >> other gadgets like microscopes that interfaced via usb and of course
    >> webcams.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts of what I may be missing here?
    >>
    >> tia
    >>
    >> Dennis Meissner
    >>

    > I seen the gratest gizmo ever .. a USB powered coffee warmer :D how cool
    > (and useful) is that

    Yes. There are loads of USB powered things. One of them is a small toy
    aquarium with moving fish!

    --
    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT

    IAN GARDNER, Nov 19, 2004
  6. dennis

    Pepperoni Guest

    "dennis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I am giving a presentation at our next local computer club meeting titled
    > "computer toys for christmas" Some of the items I plan to discuss are
    > things like: video cards, decent sound systems, cd/dvd burners, photo
    > printers. There is also adding ram or larger hard drive. I know there

    are
    > other gadgets like microscopes that interfaced via usb and of course
    > webcams.
    >
    > Any thoughts of what I may be missing here?
    >
    > tia
    >
    > Dennis Meissner

    Toss a handset or headset into the box along with some paid minutes for VOIP
    phone calls. Most of the software is free, but the handset and call time
    will get them started. Especially good for students and travelers.

    Peer-to-peer is free; charges are only incurred when calling a regular
    land-line phone. (or cell phone)

    Glophone has great sound quality and hassle free setup.
    http://www.glophone.com/plans

    The "Blue Phone" is free and they even give you 30 minutes free calling
    time. (peer-to-peer is free)

    Once you are signed up, you can call from any PC using the JAVA Glo2go.

    Also makes a great voice communicator for team play like Combat Flight
    Simulator, or for cheating at online bridge.

    Skype is another favorite, if you are running 2000 or XP.

    Works best on a high speed connection, of course.

    ******
    sign up for a free Sipphone account, and you can get free shipping on a
    great handset ($14.99) It works with any soft phone, and auto-mutes your PC
    speakers when in use. (not USB, works on mike and speaker jacks)
    http://sipphone.com/accessories/
    (Sipphone sound quality is not as good as Glophone, and setup is tedious
    <there's a glitch>. The handset is first rate, however. "Let's Chat"
    Brand)

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Nov 21, 2004