Need Info abt Frame relay fragmentation header

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ash, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. ash

    ash Guest

    Hi All,

    Our setup is like this :

    Our test setup is as below :

    1) For the MLFR side, Port 5 of Adtech(.153) was connected to Tigris
    0/Evros 0.
    2) For the FR side, Port 4 of Adtech(.153) was connected to Tigris
    1/Evros 1.

    Our Packet configuration :

    1) IP over Frame Relay Traffic with channelised - DS3
    configuration in the MLFR side with the following options set :
    DLCI = 16
    Flags : C/R, FECN, DE with various combinations
    Control UI = 0x03
    NLPID = 0xCC
    along with IP Packet Format in different modes set:
    1) User Mode
    2) IP editable Test Blocks.

    2) But we are not getting that packet out from FR side.

    We thought of adding "fragmentation header" with the packet , we have
    not seen any option for adding this.

    Where can we get this option or any relevant information for the same
    in Adtech AX400.

    Thanks in advance.

    ash, Sep 4, 2006

  2. You may wish to investigate Cisco's Configuring TCP/IP Header
    Compression:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a0080080fdc.html#wp1002761

    as well as Cisco's Configuring Real-Time Header Compression with Frame
    Relay Encapsulation:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a0080080fdc.html#wp1002865

    Cisco's TCP/IP Header Compression Examples:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a0080080fdc.html#wp1003934

    Finally, Cisco's Frame Relay Header Compression Compatibility
    Enhancements:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a0080080081.html

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology
    http://www.BradReese.Com
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 5, 2006

  3. ash

    ash Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for the info.
    I am looking from adtech point of view.
    We need to send Ip over frame relay...for this when we select IP over
    frame relay,
    It shows the following option like frame header, payload ..etc.
    But we need to add fragmentation header as per FRF .12 .
    So we are not sure of adding this header ..from Adtech.

    Thanks,
    Asha

    ash, Sep 5, 2006
  4. www.BradReese.Com, Sep 5, 2006