    Where is best place to purchase them?

    Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    Arawak

    Arawak, Sep 25, 2004

  2. "Arawak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been purchasing the cheap GQ DVD-RW+/- disks from Frys but end
    > up with a lot of movies that hang in the middle or just end up with
    > coasters. Since I am on a student's budget, I am hoping someone could
    > suggest any inexpensive brands which are less prone to errors.
    > I have the Plextor DVDR PX-708A and Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-8112S burners.
    > Where is best place to purchase them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    > Arawak

    Here is an excellent price on some premium DVD+R discs. They are not
    rewriteable (+RW), but they are top quality Riteks. If you are recording
    movies then these are perfect. Just make sure your burners can use +R book
    type.

    You can buy 100 of these for $32 (just went up from $27) after rebate.
    Great deal. Stay away from "cheapy DVD discs." And when I say "cheap" I
    don't mean inexpensive. I mean cheap quality. The dyes wear out way too
    fast.

    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=17-132-344&DEPA=0

    Armchair Einstein, Sep 26, 2004

  3. Arawak

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 14:22:53 -0700, Arawak wrote:

    >I have been purchasing the cheap GQ DVD-RW+/- disks from Frys but end
    >up with a lot of movies that hang in the middle or just end up with

    For DVD-RW 2.4x have had good results with the Packard Bell brand.

    As for +R / -R types, tried several unbranded DVD +/- R from x1 to x2.4
    and won't use any again. Best results have been Maxell +R 1-4x and for
    the last 3 months have only been using Verbatim 1-4x -R.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Arawak

    foolinyu Guest

    "Arawak" <> wrote in message
    > I have been purchasing the cheap GQ DVD-RW+/- disks from Frys but end
    > up with a lot of movies that hang in the middle or just end up with
    > coasters. Since I am on a student's budget, I am hoping someone could
    > suggest any inexpensive brands which are less prone to errors.
    > I have the Plextor DVDR PX-708A and Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-8112S burners.
    > Where is best place to purchase them?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
    > Arawak

    Don't know about the Plextor, but my Lite-On doesn't like GQ media. Had to
    do deep analysis, restrict burns to less than disk capacity and burn at
    slower speed. On the other hand, my Pioneer burns the GQs at full speed
    faultlessly. Take the GQ back to Fly's and get you money back.

    foolinyu, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Get rid of that crappy Lite-On. I had one (LDW-851S) and it sucked hardcore.

    Got me a NEC 3500A DL 16X +/-R/RW and it rocks hardcore.

    Armchair Einstein, Sep 27, 2004