    it loses all the Bookmarks. This has happened twice and its
    driving me nuts.

    Sally

    SC Posner, Nov 5, 2006

  2. On 11/05/2006 11:33 AM, SC Posner wrote:
    > We need to transfer the passwords from Netscape to Firefox. How do we
    > do this? Also to save them in a separate file on desktop, so we can do
    > a clean uninstall and reinstall of both Netscape and Firefox. I set
    > Firefox as default browser and have had it totally shut down the
    > computer and restart it. When it restarts it loses all the Bookmarks.
    > This has happened twice and its driving me nuts.
    >
    > Sally

    If you have the skills, these are some things to check:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox

    Mumia W. (reading news), Nov 5, 2006

  3. Mumia W. (reading news) wrote:
    > On 11/05/2006 11:33 AM, SC Posner wrote:
    >> We need to transfer the passwords from Netscape to Firefox. How do we
    >> do this? Also to save them in a separate file on desktop, so we can
    >> do a clean uninstall and reinstall of both Netscape and Firefox. I
    >> set Firefox as default browser and have had it totally shut down the
    >> computer and restart it. When it restarts it loses all the
    >> Bookmarks. This has happened twice and its driving me nuts.
    >>
    >> Sally

    > If you have the skills, these are some things to check:
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox

    By the way, Mumia, there are many differences between NS8 and Firefox.
    The handling of passwords is very, very different. They are stored as
    passcards, and the file in the profile is:

    xxxxxxxx.r7u

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 6, 2006