    but i cant seem to make head or tail of anything
    thank you
    m.jones

    MANDY JONES, Jan 28, 2004

  2. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:43:22 +0000, MANDY JONES wrote:

    > hello
    > im havin major probs, i think , when i log into windows my start up screen
    > before i log on says i have lots of unread emails but i just cant find
    > them and when i try to read on nathanbrad@blue******.co.uk

    <snipped>

    > other one is mj004b7526@blue******.co.uk

    <snipped>

    hmmmm. more addys. for the spambots.

    They're goin' to have to change their email addresses now.

    --
    Michael Turner

    michael turner, Jan 28, 2004

  3. MANDY JONES

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:43:22 -0000, MANDY JONES wrote:

    24HSHD is a public international newsgroup not affiliated with any ISP
    or other service provider.

    You have posted several email addresses that can be picked up by spam
    bots all eager to send you lots of luverly spam.

    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml
    How to hide your email address from spammers on usenet:

    Contact your ISP.
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/

    Message reformatted a bit, removed email addresses.

    >hello
    >im havin major probs, i think , when i log into windows my start up screen
    >before i log on says i have lots of unread emails but i just cant find them
    >and when i try to read on
    >nathanbrad<snip domain>
    > it says i cannot view,

    The error message is?
    That would be using outlook express or something else on which OS?

    Is it something like this,

    or

    199507 - OLEXP: Unread Messages Count in Outlook Express Is Not ...
    .... 257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express. ...
    This issue can occur
    because the unread message count ... not updated until new e-mail
    headers are ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q199/5/07.asp - 13k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    >i had to reinstall my computer and im thinking that the address i was using

    If you reinstall OE/OL include 1 or 2 welcome messages.

    >then is floating around somewhere but i just cant find it, can u help, my

    Floating around what / where?

    >one address is
    >nathanbrad<snip domain>
    > and the other one is

    The one below really isn't your email addy although it acts as one,
    that's your account name. You should only use this if BY ask in the
    internal support groups or to manage your settigs at selfcare (see
    below).

    >mj004b7526<snip domain>

    Check your email addresses and alias at selfcare. I suggest you don't
    use 'nathanbrad; as it may be getting spammed now. You can't much about
    mail going to the other address. Create a new subaccount and alias would
    be easier, be very careful how you hand it out.

    How to use,
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/

    Manage email and addresses
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/selfcare/email.shtml

    Login to,
    http://selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk/

    > but i cant seem to make head or tail of anything

    Try the webmail interface, to see your mailbox.

    About webmail
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/webmail.shtml

    Login to
    https://webmail.blueyonder.co.uk/

    Configure BY email with common email applications.
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/email/

    If none of that helps, contact your ISP
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/contact/

    Or use the BY internal newsgroups,

    - blueyonder.support.mail
    For the specific reporting of diagnostic information on blueyonder mail
    services ONLY.

    - blueyonder.users.self-help
    A group for users to help each other, frequently featuring advice with
    Operating System settings, advice on configuring client software and the
    likes. If you have a problem but it is not a direct blueyonder support
    issue, this is the best place to start.

    - blueyonder.discussion.mail
    Discussion about the blueyonder e-mail service, or e-mail in general.

    Me

    why?, Jan 28, 2004