    system restore again.
    I've been on Google, and to several sites, but none have helped. If anyone
    can help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance, K

    kls4861, Jan 31, 2005

  2. kls4861

    owldo Guest

    Here's How to get rid of it!

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.zdemon.html

    "kls4861" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I hope someone can help me, when I run Spybot, I get the usual DSO
    > Exploit, which I realize is not a problem. But the scan stops midway with

    an

    owldo, Jan 31, 2005

  3. kls4861

    kls4861 Guest

    kls4861, Jan 31, 2005
  4. kls4861

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "kls4861" <> wrote in message
    | Can I use this even if I don't have symantec installed on my computer?
    | "owldo" <owldo@(trash)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > Here's How to get rid of it!

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.zdemon.html

    Probably not - you should check the web site for the AV software you are
    using.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 31, 2005
  5. kls4861

    owldo Guest

    owldo, Jan 31, 2005
  6. kls4861

    kls4861 Guest

    Please help! I tried turning off system restore and running spybot, it still
    stopped with the z-demon error, and then hangs there. If I restart my
    computer, sometimes I can check e-mail, but usually only for a few minutes,
    before getting errors. Can anyone help me with this?

    kls4861, Feb 2, 2005
  7. kls4861

    kls4861 Guest

    BTW, I have already tried all the things suggested here. When I try the
    manual deletion method, those values are not present in the registry. But
    yet show up on spybot and mess up my connection.l

    kls4861, Feb 2, 2005
  8. kls4861

    owldo @ PAX Guest

    What version of Spybot are you running? Also, download and run AdAwareSE,
    A-Squared, Micro$oft AntiSpyware, McAfee Stinger, etc. Using a computer is
    a learning experience, You have to know how to protect your system from
    hackers and scumware merchants. You need a Firewall also if you don't have
    one.

    owldo @ PAX, Feb 3, 2005