    set it to not run when the computer boots up and reboot with the XP firewall
    turned back on so I know it's not my ISP causing the problem.

    Thanks.

    DaveJohnson12@nomail., Dec 24, 2005

  2. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Kerodo Guest

    In article <>, DaveJohnson12
    @nomail. says...
    > It's the newest Free version. It's installed on a new computer with XP Media
    > Center.
    >
    > On the Program Tab of the Program Control area, there are four programs that my
    > ISP uses. It's AT&T Worldnet. I have Trusted and Internet checked in the Access
    > columns.
    >
    > I did have it working briefly. I could access my ISP's homepage, access my news
    > server and the ping command to my ISP worked. Then I tried to look at CNN.com in
    > IE and everything stopped. Now ping can't access the ISP homepage and I can't
    > view any web pages.
    >
    > Can someone tell me how to set this up? I can access the internet with Zonealarm
    > set it to not run when the computer boots up and reboot with the XP firewall
    > turned back on so I know it's not my ISP causing the problem.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I don't know what the problem is, but in a few minutes someone is going
    to tell you to just use the XP Firewall and that you don't need ZA. :)

    --
    Kerodo

    Kerodo, Dec 24, 2005

  3. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    2 Guest

    Washington's & Israel's fingerprints, are all over Karl Rove's White House
    " Murder Inc." . + [ Special Analysis , "sic" ] - "UMBRA". - +

    http://newhk.blogspot.com/

    By Wayne Madsen.
    Online Journal Contributing Writer.

    Special Investigation.

    DEC , 2005- On September 15, 2001, just four days after the 9-11 attacks,
    CIA Director George Tenet provided President [sic] Bush with a Top Secret
    "Worldwide Attack Matrix"-a virtual license to kill targets deemed to be a
    threat to the United States in some 80 countries around the world. The Tenet
    plan, which was subsequently approved by Bush, essentially reversed the
    executive orders of four previous U.S. administrations that expressly
    prohibited political assassinations.

    According to high level European intelligence officials, Bush's counselor,
    Karl Rove, used the new presidential authority to silence a popular Lebanese
    Christian politician who was planning to offer irrefutable evidence that
    Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon authorized the massacre of hundreds of
    Palestinian men, women, and children in the Beirut refugee camps of Sabra
    and Shatilla in 1982. In addition, Sharon provided the Lebanese forces who
    carried out the grisly task. At the time of the massacres, Elie Hobeika was
    intelligence chief of Lebanese Christian forces in Lebanon who were battling
    Palestinians and other Muslim groups in a bloody civil war. He was also the
    chief liaison to Israeli Defense Force (IDF) personnel in Lebanon. An
    official Israeli inquiry into the massacre at the camps, the Kahan
    Commission, merely found Sharon "indirectly" responsible for the slaughter
    and fingered Hobeika as the chief instigator.

    The Kahan Commission never called on Hobeika to offer testimony in his
    defense. However, in response to charges brought against Sharon before a
    special war crimes court in Belgium, Hobeika was urged to testify against
    Sharon, according to well-informed Lebanese sources. Hobeika was prepared to
    offer a different version of events than what was contained in the Kahan
    report. A 1993 Belgian law permitting human rights prosecutions was unusual
    in that non-Belgians could be tried for violations against other
    non-Belgians in a Belgian court. Under pressure from the Bush
    administration, the law was severely amended and the extra territoriality
    provisions were curtailed.

    Hobeika headed the Lebanese forces intelligence agency since the mid- 1970s
    and he soon developed close ties to the CIA. He was a frequent visitor to
    the CIA's headquarters at Langley, Virginia. After the Syrian invasion of
    Lebanon in 1990, Hobeika held a number of cabinet positions in the Lebanese
    government, a proxy for the Syrian occupation authorities. He also served in
    the parliament. In July 2001, Hobeika called a press conference and
    announced he was prepared to testify against Sharon in Belgium and revealed
    that he had evidence of what actually occurred in Sabra and Shatilla.

    Hobeika also indicated that Israel had flown members of the South Lebanon
    Army (SLA) into Beirut International Airport in an Israeli Air Force C130
    transport plane, in full view of dozens of witnesses, including members of
    the Lebanese army and others. SLA troops under the command of Major Saad
    Haddad were slipped into the camps to commit the massacres. The SLA troops
    were under the direct command of Ariel Sharon and an Israeli Mossad agent
    provocateur named Rafi Eitan. Hobeika offered evidence that a former U.S.
    ambassador to Lebanon was aware of the Israeli plot. In addition, the IDF
    had placed a camera in a strategic position to film the Sabra and Shatilla
    massacres. Hobeika was going to ask that the footage be released as part of
    the investigation of Sharon.

    After announcing he was willing to testify against Sharon, Hobeika became
    fearful for his safety and began moves to leave Lebanon. Hobeika was not
    aware that his threats to testify against Sharon had triggered a series of
    fateful events that reached well into the White House and Sharon's office.
    On January 24, 2002, Hobeika's car was blown up by a remote controlled bomb
    placed in a parked Mercedes along a street in the Hazmieh section of Beirut.

    The bomb exploded when Hobeika and his three associates, Fares Souweidan,
    Mitri Ajram, and Waleed Zein, were driving their Range Rover past the
    TNT-laden Mercedes at 9:40 am Beirut time. The Range Rover's four passengers
    were killed in the explosion. In case Hobeika's car had taken another route
    through the neighborhood, two additional parked cars, located at two other
    choke points, were also rigged with TNT. The powerful bomb wounded a number
    of other people on the street. Other parked cars were destroyed and
    buildings and homes were damaged. The Lebanese president, prime minister,
    and interior minister all claimed that Israeli agents were behind the
    attack.

    It is noteworthy that the State Department's list of global terrorist
    incidents for 2002 worldwide failed to list the car bombing attack on
    Hobeika and his party. The White House wanted to ensure the attack was
    censored from the report. The reason was simple: the attack ultimately had
    Washington's fingerprints on it.

    High level European intelligence sources now report that Karl Rove
    personally coordinated Hobeika's assassination. The hit on Hobeika employed
    Syrian intelligence agents. Syrian President Bashar Assad was trying to
    curry favor with the Bush administration in the aftermath of 9-11 and was
    more than willing to help the White House. In addition, Assad's father,
    Hafez Assad, had been an ally of Bush's father during Desert Storm, a period
    that saw Washington give a "wink and a nod" to Syria's occupation of
    Lebanon. Rove wanted to help Sharon avoid any political embarrassment from
    an in absentia trial in Brussels where Hobeika would be a star witness. Rove
    and Sharon agreed on the plan to use Syrian Military Intelligence agents to
    assassinate Hobeika. Rove saw Sharon as an indispensable ally of Bush in
    ensuring the loyalty of the Christian evangelical and Jewish voting blocs in
    the United States. Sharon saw the plan to have the United States coordinate
    the hit as a way to mask all connections to Jerusalem.

    The Syrian hit team was ordered by Assef Shawkat, the number two man in
    Syrian military intelligence and a good friend and brother in law of Syrian
    President Bashar Assad. Assad's intelligence services had already cooperated
    with U.S. intelligence in resorting to unconventional methods to extract
    information from al Qaeda detainees deported to Syria from the United States
    and other countries in the wake of 9-11. The order to take out Hobeika was
    transmitted by Shawkat to Roustom Ghazali, the head of Syrian military
    intelligence in Beirut. Ghazali "arranged with local killers" for the three
    remote controlled cars to be parked along Hobeika's route in Hazmieh; only
    few hundred yards from the Barracks of Syrian Special Forces which are
    stationed in the area near the Presidential palace , the ministry of Defense
    and various Government and officers quarters .

    This particular area is covered 24/7 by a very sophisticated USA
    multi-agency surveillance system to monitor Syrian and Lebanese security
    activities and is a " Choice " area to live in for its perceived high
    security; [Courtesy of the Special Collections Services "SCS" , which
    is a joint CIA & NSA & DIA team endeavor worldwide .]

    The plan to kill Hobeika had all the necessary caveats and built-in denial
    mechanisms. If the Syrians were discovered beforehand or afterwards, Karl
    Rove and his associates in the Pentagon's Office of Special Plans would be
    ensured plausible deniability, given the professional denigration effort
    that started in earnest,years ahead,in USA,Israel,France,Lebanon,using
    multi layered organizations to denigrate Mr. Elie Hobeika in books and
    shady publications, in print and on the Internet.

    The operation code-named "Zircon" succeeded in eliminating a Lebanese
    Icon, using Syrian, Iranian, and Lebanese Hizbullah operatives, with the
    full tacit agreement of the Lebanese State apparatus, a classic Covert
    Operation handled by highly skilled professionals, who use "witting" and
    "unwitting elements", to serve sworn enemies in a clandestine fashion.
    It's called a Covert cooperation of Parties who are playing enemies, and
    it's a " Dream Covert Intelligence Exploit " par excellence !

    From David Halevy in Time Magazine in 1982, to Barbara Newman, and from
    USCFL to local and other International creepy actors and seedy players,
    Mr. Elie Hobeika bore the brunt, single-handedly, of a skilled
    Disinformation Machine,like no other. In other words, during Times of WAR,
    and in "Peace Times" of the NEOCONS..., THE TRUTH is the first Victim.

    Hobeika's CIA intermediary in Beirut, a man only referred to as "Jason" by
    Hobeika, was a frequent companion of the Lebanese politician during official
    and off-duty hours. During Hobeika's year 2000 election campaigns for his
    parliamentary seat, Jason was often in Hobeika's office offering support and
    advice. After Hobeika's assassination, Jason became despondent over the
    death of his colleague. Eventually, Jason disappeared abruptly from Lebanon
    and reportedly later emerged in Pakistan. Jason was very close to Hobeika.

    Karl Rove's involvement in the assassination of Hobeika may not have been
    the last "hit" he ordered to help out Sharon. In March 2002, a few months
    after Hobeika's assassination, another Lebanese Christian with knowledge of
    Sharon's involvement in the Sabra and Shatilla massacres was gunned down
    along with his wife in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A bullet fired at Michael Nassar's
    car flattened one of his tires. Nassar pulled into a gasoline station for
    repairs. A professional assassin, firing a gun with a silencer, shot Nassar
    and his wife in the head, killing them both instantly. The assailant fled
    and was never captured. Nassar was also involved with the Phalange militia
    at Sabra and Shatilla. Nassar was also reportedly willing to testify against
    Sharon in Belgium and, as a nephew of SLA Commander General Antoine Lahd,
    may have had important evidence to bolster Hobeika's charge that Sharon
    ordered SLA forces into the camps to wipe out the Palestinians.

    Based on what European intelligence claims is concrete intelligence on
    Rove's involvement in the assassination of Hobeika, the Bush administration
    can now add political assassination to its laundry list of other misdeeds,
    from lying about the reasons to go to war to the torture tactics in
    violation of the Geneva Conventions that have been employed by the Pentagon
    and "third country" nationals at prisons in Iraq , Guantanamo Bay,
    Morocco, and various East European locations, among others....

    Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist and
    columnist. He served in the National Security Agency (NSA) during the
    Reagan administration and wrote the introduction to Forbidden Truth.
    He is the co-author, with John Stanton, of "America's Nightmare:
    The Presidency of George Bush II." His forthcoming book is titled:
    "Jaded Tasks: Big Oil, Black Ops, and Brass Plates." Madsen can
    be reached at:

    It is noteworthy that the State Department's list of global terrorist
    incidents for 2002 worldwide failed to list the car bombing attack on
    Hobeika and his party.... But Listed a small Hand Grenade thrown at a
    U.S. franchise in the middle of the night when the place was closed, empty
    and no one was hurt? The White House wanted to ensure the terror attack
    on Mr. Elie Hobeika, and his party of three young men with families, was
    censored from the report. The reason was simple: this attack ultimately had
    Washington's and Israel's fingerprints all over it....

    Ever since this story came Online, there was a tremendous interest in
    reading this article 1052, by very noteworthy INTELLIGENCE sources,
    as outlined below:

    This is some of the evidence for you and for the World...article&sid=1052
    ~encrypted/logs/access ====>> INTELLIGENCE Agencies Servers footprints.
    Not to mention hundreds of private companies and governments........!

    See Below : INTELLIGENCE Agencies , sources and Methods :

    Lines 10-36 of my logfiles show a lot of interest in this article: =1052
    # grep sid=1052 /encrypted/logs/access_logawk '{print$1,$7}'sed-n'10,36p'.
    spb-213-33-248-190.sovintel.ru /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Soviet/Russian Intelligence services...
    ext1.shape.nato.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    NATO Intel.
    server1.namsa.nato.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Nato Intel.
    ns1.saclantc.nato.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Strategic Air Command US Intel.
    bxlproxyb.europarl.eu.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    European Parliament Intel. Unit
    wdcsun18.usdoj.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Department of Justice...
    wdcsun21.usdoj.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Department of Justice...
    tcs-gateway11.treas.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Treasury Department
    tcs-gateway13.treas.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Treasury Department
    relay1.ucia.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    CIA Langley
    relay2.cia.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    CIA Langley
    relay2.ucia.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    CIA Langley
    n021.dhs.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Department of Homeland security Intel.
    legion.dera.gov.uk /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    British Intel.
    gateway-fincen.uscg.mil /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Pentagon US.
    crawler2.googlebot.com /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Intel....
    crawler1.googlebot.com /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Intel.....
    gateway101.gsi.gov.uk /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    British Intel.
    gate11-quantico.nmci.usmc.mil /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Marine Corps Quantico Virginia Intel.
    gate13-quantico.nmci.usmc.mil /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    USA Marine Corps Quantico Virginia Intel.
    fw1-a.osis.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    US Intel SIS.
    crawler13.googlebot.com /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Intel....
    fw1-b.osis.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    US Intel. OSIS.
    bouncer.nics.gov.uk /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    British Intel.
    beluha.ssu.gov.ua /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    Ukrainian Intelligence.
    zukprxpro02.zreo.compaq.com/modules.php?name=News&amp;file=article&sid=1052....
    Intel....

    http://newhk.blogspot.com/

    2, Dec 24, 2005
  4. On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:50:06 -0800, Kerodo <> wrote:

    >In article <>, DaveJohnson12
    >@nomail. says...
    >> It's the newest Free version. It's installed on a new computer with XP Media
    >> Center.
    >>
    >> On the Program Tab of the Program Control area, there are four programs that my
    >> ISP uses. It's AT&T Worldnet. I have Trusted and Internet checked in the Access
    >> columns.
    >>
    >> I did have it working briefly. I could access my ISP's homepage, access my news
    >> server and the ping command to my ISP worked. Then I tried to look at CNN.com in
    >> IE and everything stopped. Now ping can't access the ISP homepage and I can't
    >> view any web pages.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how to set this up? I can access the internet with Zonealarm
    >> set it to not run when the computer boots up and reboot with the XP firewall
    >> turned back on so I know it's not my ISP causing the problem.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    >I don't know what the problem is, but in a few minutes someone is going
    >to tell you to just use the XP Firewall and that you don't need ZA. :)

    :))) Thanks, I kind of figured that.

    DaveJohnson12@nomail., Dec 24, 2005
  5. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Keith Guest

    Kerodo wrote:
    > In article <>, DaveJohnson12
    > @nomail. says...
    >> It's the newest Free version. It's installed on a new computer with
    >> XP Media Center.
    >>
    >> On the Program Tab of the Program Control area, there are four
    >> programs that my ISP uses. It's AT&T Worldnet. I have Trusted and
    >> Internet checked in the Access columns.
    >>
    >> I did have it working briefly. I could access my ISP's homepage,
    >> access my news server and the ping command to my ISP worked. Then I
    >> tried to look at CNN.com in IE and everything stopped. Now ping
    >> can't access the ISP homepage and I can't view any web pages.
    >>
    >> Can someone tell me how to set this up? I can access the internet
    >> with Zonealarm set it to not run when the computer boots up and
    >> reboot with the XP firewall turned back on so I know it's not my ISP
    >> causing the problem.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > I don't know what the problem is, but in a few minutes someone is
    > going to tell you to just use the XP Firewall and that you don't need
    > ZA. :)

    just use the XP Firewall and you don't need ZA

    Keith, Dec 24, 2005
  6. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Notan Guest

    Keith wrote:

    > Kerodo wrote:
    > > In article <>, DaveJohnson12
    > > @nomail. says...
    > >> It's the newest Free version. It's installed on a new computer with
    > >> XP Media Center.
    > >>
    > >> On the Program Tab of the Program Control area, there are four
    > >> programs that my ISP uses. It's AT&T Worldnet. I have Trusted and
    > >> Internet checked in the Access columns.
    > >>
    > >> I did have it working briefly. I could access my ISP's homepage,
    > >> access my news server and the ping command to my ISP worked. Then I
    > >> tried to look at CNN.com in IE and everything stopped. Now ping
    > >> can't access the ISP homepage and I can't view any web pages.
    > >>
    > >> Can someone tell me how to set this up? I can access the internet
    > >> with Zonealarm set it to not run when the computer boots up and
    > >> reboot with the XP firewall turned back on so I know it's not my ISP
    > >> causing the problem.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>

    > > I don't know what the problem is, but in a few minutes someone is
    > > going to tell you to just use the XP Firewall and that you don't need
    > > ZA. :)

    > just use the XP Firewall and you don't need ZA

    The downside is that you're only protected from malicious incoming data.

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 24, 2005
  7. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Kevin Guest

    I would uninstall Zone Alarm, reboot and then try the installation again.
    Choose to let Zone Alarm automatically configure itself. I've used Zone
    Alarm for years with no problems. I currently use Zone Alarm Pro and it
    works perfectly.

    Kevin, Dec 24, 2005
  8. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    black hat Guest

    Try a firewall called tiny personal firewall or kerio, you can set them
    up at www.grc.com, just go to shields up, (say no to all the probes).
    If you have about $100 and are using high speed look at
    www.alphashield.com.

    I learned about these here on the net and use alpha shield, all are
    excellent,

    Regards.

    black hat, Dec 27, 2005
  9. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Notan Guest

    black hat wrote:

    > Try a firewall called tiny personal firewall or kerio, you can set them
    > up at www.grc.com, just go to shields up, (say no to all the probes).
    > If you have about $100 and are using high speed look at
    > www.alphashield.com.
    >
    > I learned about these here on the net and use alpha shield, all are
    > excellent,

    Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
    Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 27, 2005
  10. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Guest

    I agree with kevin, uninstall and install fresh.

    , Dec 27, 2005
  11. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Notan Guest

    Notan wrote:

    > black hat wrote:
    > >
    > > Try a firewall called tiny personal firewall or kerio, you can set them
    > > up at www.grc.com, just go to shields up, (say no to all the probes).
    > > If you have about $100 and are using high speed look at
    > > www.alphashield.com.
    > >
    > > I learned about these here on the net and use alpha shield, all are
    > > excellent,

    > Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
    > Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

    An addendum... It appears that Sunbelt is currently offering KPF for $14.95.

    I paid $45.00. Damn!

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 27, 2005
  12. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Alan Illeman Guest

    "Notan" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Notan wrote:
    > >
    > > black hat wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Try a firewall called tiny personal firewall or kerio, you can set them
    > > > up at www.grc.com, just go to shields up, (say no to all the probes).
    > > > If you have about $100 and are using high speed look at
    > > > www.alphashield.com.
    > > >
    > > > I learned about these here on the net and use alpha shield, all are
    > > > excellent,

    > > Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
    > > Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

    > An addendum... It appears that Sunbelt is currently offering KPF for $14.95.

    Thanks for the tip, I've ditched 2.1.5 in favour of 4 (especially following the
    "Kerio 2.1.5: handling fragmented packets" thread).

    Alan Illeman, Dec 29, 2005
  13. DaveJohnson12@nomail.

    Notan Guest

    Alan Illeman wrote:

    > "Notan" <> wrote in message news:...
    > > Notan wrote:

    > > > Just an FYI... Kerio Personal Firewall was recently acquired by Sunbelt
    > > > Software. Have a look at http://www.sunbelt-software.com/kerio.cfm.

    > > An addendum... It appears that Sunbelt is currently offering KPF for $14.95.

    > Thanks for the tip, I've ditched 2.1.5 in favour of 4 (especially following the
    > "Kerio 2.1.5: handling fragmented packets" thread).

    Glad to help!

    I just receieved an e-mail, from Sunbelt, stating that yearly updates
    will cost $9.95.

    From what I can tell, this is probably the least expensive, *quality*
    firewall, now with the least expensive yearly updates.

    I'm hooked!

    Notan

    Notan, Dec 29, 2005