    Is XP pro 64 not supported?

    Thank You

    Kevin

    Kevin J. Nielsen, Nov 28, 2006

  2. After you create a vm with the New Virtual Machine wizard, you must install
    Win95 as you always did on a real computer. You capture a Win95 setup
    floppy, boot with it, fdisk the virtual hard drive, format it, and then run
    setup.exe on the cd.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Kevin J. Nielsen

    Theo Guest

    VPC 2007 runs fine in Win x64. I have Win 98 and Linux
    running in it.

    If you're having problems, why aren't you in the news group
    for VPC 2007?

    microsoft.beta.vpc2007b.discussion

    You need to get your password in Connect.

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  4. Kevin J. Nielsen

    marty Guest

    Theo wrote:
    > VPC 2007 runs fine in Win x64. I have Win 98 and Linux running in it.
    >
    > If you're having problems, why aren't you in the news group for VPC 2007?
    >
    > microsoft.beta.vpc2007b.discussion
    >
    > You need to get your password in Connect.
    >

    > Kevin J. Nielsen wrote:
    >> I installed Virtual PC 2007 on XP professional 64 bit edition. Once I
    >> boot to the virtual environment, all I have is a CDrom drive and a
    >> floppy drive. I did create a virtual hard drive but I cannot see it in
    >> the virtual environment. Is there supposed to be a virtual hard drive
    >> available? If so, I cannot find it.
    >>
    >> I followed the instructions for installing an operating system on the
    >> virtual hard drive but when I ran the setup program for win95 it didnt
    >> do anything and just put me back at the a: drive cursor.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how to use Virtual PC 2007? Am I doing something
    >> wrong? I read the help and it says I should be able to install an
    >> operating system on it but there is no mention of what the Hard drive
    >> letter is in the virtual environment.
    >>
    >> Is XP pro 64 not supported?
    >>
    >> Thank You
    >>
    >> Kevin

    you have Linux running in it?
    i tried ubuntu and it would not install
    was there something special you have to do to get it work??

    --
    Marty

    "We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by
    the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

    marty, Nov 28, 2006
  5. Kevin J. Nielsen

    Theo Guest

    If you'll go to the VPC 2007 Beta news group I think you'll
    find all the information you need. I don't think I should
    be repeating everything that is posted there in this group.
    This is not the VPC 2007 news group.

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  6. There is no VPC 2007 beta ng. Use microsoft.public.virtualpc.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 28, 2006
  7. There is no problem answering the OP. The question might be better
    addressed in microsoft.public.virtualpc but the question has to do with
    using any version of VPC and nothing to do with the fact he is using a beta.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 28, 2006
  8. Kevin J. Nielsen

    Theo Guest

    This is found in Connect for VPC 2007 Beta:

    To access the Microsoft Connect newsgroups, you need a
    newsreader program, such as Outlook Express that supports
    multiple news servers. Other newsreaders are also available.

    To add a news server to Outlook Express:

    Start Outlook Express.

    On the Tools menu, click Accounts.

    Click Add, and then click News.

    In the Internet Connection Wizard, follow the instructions
    until you reach the Internet News Server Name page.

    Enter "betanews.microsoft.com" for the News (NNTP) server,
    select "My news server requires me to log on," and then
    click Next.

    Enter your newsgroup ID and password, and then click Next.

    Click Finish, and then click Close.

    Note: When you are connected, you may need to refresh
    newsgroup headers to see newer postings. Other newsreaders
    may have different ways of doing this.

    If you cannot access Microsoft beta newsgroups, your
    computer may be behind a corporate firewall. You may be able
    to install a proxy server that is able to pass protocols on
    port 119. Otherwise, your system administrator may be able
    to give you access by opening the News port in the firewall
    (port 119).

    Click Set Newsgroup Password to acquire a newsgroup ID and
    set a password.

    And this is the VPC 2007 Beta news group:
    microsoft.beta.vpc2007b.discussion

    I am a member of it.

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  9. Kevin J. Nielsen

    Theo Guest

    Why should I go search through the VPC 2007 Beta news group
    to find the solutions and then post them here?

    The questions being asked are already addressed there.

    Theo, Nov 28, 2006
  10. If you don't know the answer, don't worry about it. In this instance the
    question has nothing to do with the beta but is a general VPC question
    common among beginning users of VPC. Perhaps you didn't realize that. It's
    my MVP specialty so I answer wherever I see VPC questions pop up, no matter
    the ng.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 28, 2006
  11. Sorry, I didnt know such a newsgroup existed. I will go there.

    Kevin

    Kevin J. Nielsen, Nov 29, 2006
  12. Thank you Colin. Now I dont have to go through that hassle. Sorry for
    posting to the wrong NG.

    Kevin

    Kevin J. Nielsen, Nov 29, 2006
  13. Thank you Colin for answering me even though I am in the wrong ng. My
    problem was I just had to fdisk the drive and it worked. I installed Win95
    and was able to play my old game that runs on Win95. The only problem I am
    having now is that the game runs extremely fast. The action in the game
    happen at about 100 times faster than it used to and I dont have the time to
    react or do anything worthwhile. Do you know of a patch or program that
    will slow down my computer for the game so it will run at normal speed?

    Thank You

    Keven Nielsen

    Kevin J. Nielsen, Nov 29, 2006
  14. Not knowing what game you are playing, I suggest you check in on the King of
    virtual machine gaming, Ben Armstrong's blog at
    http://blogs.msdn.com/Virtual_PC_Guy/

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 29, 2006
  15. Thank you Colin for that link and for your time.

    Keven

    Kevin J. Nielsen, Nov 30, 2006
  16. Thank you Theo for the instructions.

    Keven

    Kevin J. Nielsen, Nov 30, 2006