    there a script to run the \\servername\share\%username%
    reqiurement for all my current users account? Any insight
    would be a great help, I look forward to your comments.

    Jack Layne, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Jack Layne

    Marko Guest

    Interesting coincidence - I also work for Hospitals here
    in Australia.

    Use Group Policies to redirect folders. When you first
    set it up, the contents of each users' profile is copied
    back to the server, preserving what is already there.
    Beware! If a user logs into more than one machine, the
    profiles may be lost after the 2nd and subsequent logons.
    When users' log off, the profiles will synchronise with
    the server very quickly, since only changes are
    transmitted acroos the network.

    Are you MCSE? Is anybody on staff a MCSE? I say this
    because I would have expected any MCSE to know this answer
    already and I am surprised that in an organisation as
    large as the one you work with that nobody knows this
    relatively *basic* answer.

    Marko, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Jack Layne

    Frank Guest

    I think all the workstations need to be Windows 2000 or later, I will check
    tho.
    Here it is!

    To enable quotas on remote computer volumes, those volumes must be shared
    from the volume's root directory and you must be a member of the
    Administrators group

    Administrators group
    On a local computer, a group whose members have the highest level of
    administrative access to the local computer. Examples of administrative
    tasks that can be performed by members of this group include installing
    programs; accessing all files on the computer; auditing access control; and
    creating, modifying, and deleting local user accounts.
    In an Active Directory domain, a group whose members have the highest level
    of administrative access in the domain. Examples of administrative tasks
    that can be performed by members of this group include setting domain
    policy; assigning and resetting domain user account passwords; setting up
    and managing domain controllers; and creating, modifying, and deleting
    domain user accounts.

    on the remote computer. In addition, those volumes must be formatted NTFS
    and exist on a computer running Windows 2000, Windows XP, or the Windows
    Server 2003 family of operating systems. For instructions describing how to
    enable quotas on remote computers, see To manage disk quotas on a remote
    computer.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...ver2003/proddocs/entserver/nt_quota_local.asp

    Frank

    "Jesse" <> wrote in message
    > use the win2k/win2k3 activedirectory users' profile and homefolder to

    create
    > share on new server/s. copy contents from users' personal folder to their
    > new respective folder -> \\servername\share\%username%. check the sequence
    > of action to be performed for minimal service disruption on the users'

    home

    Frank, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Jack Layne

    Jesse Guest

    for users' home folder it does not need to be a win2k machine as long as
    it's a domain member. however for group policy should be win2k or higher.

    Jesse
    Manila, Phils.

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > I think all the workstations need to be Windows 2000 or later, I will

    check
    > tho.
    > Here it is!
    >
    > To enable quotas on remote computer volumes, those volumes must be shared
    > from the volume's root directory and you must be a member of the
    > Administrators group
    >
    > Administrators group
    > On a local computer, a group whose members have the highest level of
    > administrative access to the local computer. Examples of administrative
    > tasks that can be performed by members of this group include installing
    > programs; accessing all files on the computer; auditing access control;

    and
    > creating, modifying, and deleting local user accounts.
    > In an Active Directory domain, a group whose members have the highest

    level
    > of administrative access in the domain. Examples of administrative tasks
    > that can be performed by members of this group include setting domain
    > policy; assigning and resetting domain user account passwords; setting up
    > and managing domain controllers; and creating, modifying, and deleting
    > domain user accounts.
    >
    > on the remote computer. In addition, those volumes must be formatted NTFS
    > and exist on a computer running Windows 2000, Windows XP, or the Windows
    > Server 2003 family of operating systems. For instructions describing how

    > enable quotas on remote computers, see To manage disk quotas on a remote
    > computer.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
    ol/windowsserver2003/proddocs/entserver/nt_quota_local.asp

    > Frank
    >
    > "Jesse" <> wrote in message
    > > use the win2k/win2k3 activedirectory users' profile and homefolder to

    > create
    > > share on new server/s. copy contents from users' personal folder to

    their
    > > new respective folder -> \\servername\share\%username%. check the

    sequence
    > > of action to be performed for minimal service disruption on the users'

    > home
    > > folder. better do it during off peak hour when nobody's using their

    share.
    > > use group policy folder redirection to redirect users' my documents to

    any
    > > location (e.g. their home folder).
    > >
    > > Jesse
    > > Manila, Phils.
    > >
    > > "Jack Layne" <> wrote in message
    > > > I recently began a new job with a hospital (w/ 4k+ users),
    > > > all their personal folders are stored on various servers
    > > > thoughout the network, we are in the process of updating
    > > > and upgrading our servers and users profile has become an
    > > > issue. I was thinking of going with mapping the H: from
    > > > the users profile, the issue is getting all the
    > > > information from the old folders to the new ones and is
    > > > there a script to run the \\servername\share\%username%
    > > > reqiurement for all my current users account? Any insight
    > > > would be a great help, I look forward to your comments.

    > > ---

    ---

    Jesse, Jul 24, 2003