Need Help With Toshiba RD XS32 HDD/DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by PEmpson181, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. PEmpson181

    PEmpson181 Guest

    I just purchased one of these but cannot get it to go into setup mode.
    I would like to hear from someone who has one, preferably one connected to a
    satellite dish, which I have.

    I previously had a VCR/DVD combo and all I did was move the cables from the
    VCR/DVD to the Toshiba. I can control the TV with the Toshiba remote but
    cann't get a DVD to play, although the counter moves. It will not display on
    the screen. Setup just does not work.

    My satellite receiver is a Hughes. My TV is an RCA, an older one. Both worked
    in conjunction with several previous VCRs and the VCR/DVD combo that I have
    connected to it.

    Any ideas on what the problem might be with the Toshiba recorder?

    TIA.

    Pat

    PEmpson181, Jul 25, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    (PEmpson181) writes:
    > I just purchased one of these but cannot get it to go into setup mode.
    > I would like to hear from someone who has one, preferably one connected to a
    > satellite dish, which I have.
    >
    > I previously had a VCR/DVD combo and all I did was move the cables from the
    > VCR/DVD to the Toshiba. I can control the TV with the Toshiba remote but
    > cann't get a DVD to play, although the counter moves. It will not display on
    > the screen. Setup just does not work.
    >
    > My satellite receiver is a Hughes. My TV is an RCA, an older one. Both worked
    > in conjunction with several previous VCRs and the VCR/DVD combo that I have
    > connected to it.
    >
    > Any ideas on what the problem might be with the Toshiba recorder?

    I have one and my guess is you're trying to use the RF coax cable TV
    cable to view it. It will never work that way, it deos not send any
    signal out that cable. You must use A/V cables to view it. See page
    14 in the Owner's Manual, especially the note at the bottom of the
    page.

    If not that, then you've plugged the A/V cables into the input
    jacks, not the outputs. Look at pages 15 or 17 in the Owner's Manual.

    David E. Bath, Jul 25, 2004