    something in that is giving ,me trouble. Someone please help!!! What
    should I do????

    TR

    T R, Jul 9, 2005

  2. T R wrote:

    >I am running both the Google toolbar pop-up blocker and the one that I am
    >pretty sure is part of Internet Explorer. I am running Spybot S&D, Ad Aware
    >and just bought ScanSpyware and ran it. I am still having terrible trouble
    >with pop ups even with all of this in place. Just closed 15 windows. I have
    >not had this problem until recently so I must have accidentally allowed
    >something in that is giving ,me trouble. Someone please help!!! What
    >should I do????
    >
    >TR

    Dump that piece of shit browser called IE. Problem solved.
    You're welcome.

    Micheal Robert Zium, Jul 10, 2005

  3. T R

    winged Guest

    T R wrote:
    > I am running both the Google toolbar pop-up blocker and the one that I am
    > pretty sure is part of Internet Explorer. I am running Spybot S&D, Ad Aware
    > and just bought ScanSpyware and ran it. I am still having terrible trouble
    > with pop ups even with all of this in place. Just closed 15 windows. I have
    > not had this problem until recently so I must have accidentally allowed
    > something in that is giving ,me trouble. Someone please help!!! What
    > should I do????
    >
    > TR

    Have you used the BHO feature in Spybot advanced mode? it may be there,
    hard to tell from nfo provided.

    Check loaded ActiveX controls with Spybot advanced mode, make sure you
    know what controls are loaded.

    There are a number of system checks and fixes in Spybot that require
    advanced mode. I suspect it is one of the two above. I saw a new
    www.web.search yesterday on a friends machine that utilized a BHO
    (browser helper object (You feel helped?))

    Have you run an AV scan? There are some worm and Trojan exploits that
    also do this.

    Best bet however is not to use IE as default browser. Firefox
    www.mozilla.org doesn't do ActiveX and avoids many of those type
    exploits. Do not try to uninstall IE as it is needed by the system, but
    firefox will avoid such things usually.

    Winged

    winged, Jul 10, 2005
  4. T R

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 14:33:54 -0700, "T R" <> wrote:

    >I am running both the Google toolbar pop-up blocker and the one that I am
    >pretty sure is part of Internet Explorer. I am running Spybot S&D, Ad Aware
    >and just bought ScanSpyware and ran it. I am still having terrible trouble
    >with pop ups even with all of this in place. Just closed 15 windows. I have
    >not had this problem until recently so I must have accidentally allowed
    >something in that is giving ,me trouble. Someone please help!!! What
    >should I do????
    >
    >TR

    Use firefox instead of IE

    http://www.mozilla.org

    Maybe stop looking at porn sites.

    AFAIK there is no 'popup blocker' that is part of IE so if you have
    one chances are its crapware.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 10, 2005
  5. T R

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 10 Jul 2005 02:31:10 EDT, winged <> wrote:

    >T R wrote:
    >> I am running both the Google toolbar pop-up blocker and the one that I am
    >> pretty sure is part of Internet Explorer. I am running Spybot S&D, Ad Aware
    >> and just bought ScanSpyware and ran it. I am still having terrible trouble
    >> with pop ups even with all of this in place. Just closed 15 windows. I have
    >> not had this problem until recently so I must have accidentally allowed
    >> something in that is giving ,me trouble. Someone please help!!! What
    >> should I do????
    >>
    >> TR
    >>

    >Have you used the BHO feature in Spybot advanced mode? it may be there,
    >hard to tell from nfo provided.
    >
    >Check loaded ActiveX controls with Spybot advanced mode, make sure you
    >know what controls are loaded.
    >
    >There are a number of system checks and fixes in Spybot that require
    >advanced mode. I suspect it is one of the two above. I saw a new
    >www.web.search yesterday on a friends machine that utilized a BHO
    >(browser helper object (You feel helped?))
    >
    >Have you run an AV scan? There are some worm and Trojan exploits that
    >also do this.
    >
    >Best bet however is not to use IE as default browser. Firefox
    >www.mozilla.org doesn't do ActiveX and avoids many of those type
    >exploits. Do not try to uninstall IE as it is needed by the system, but
    >firefox will avoid such things usually.
    >
    >Winged

    There is also a useful boc in the advanced setup of IE which
    should be unchecked that says

    'Allow third party extensions'

    That gets rid of a lot of problems in one click
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jul 10, 2005
  6. From: "T R" <>

    | I am running both the Google toolbar pop-up blocker and the one that I am
    | pretty sure is part of Internet Explorer. I am running Spybot S&D, Ad Aware
    | and just bought ScanSpyware and ran it. I am still having terrible trouble
    | with pop ups even with all of this in place. Just closed 15 windows. I have
    | not had this problem until recently so I must have accidentally allowed
    | something in that is giving ,me trouble. Someone please help!!! What
    | should I do????
    |
    | TR

    ScanSpyware is listedas a Rogue application !

    Next time check with Spyware Warrior before purchasing or downloading anti spyware.

    Download and execute BHODemon as the this could be a Browser Helper Object.
    http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

    You have also not provided the versions of the software used.

    Ad-aware should be Ad-aware SE v1.06 and SpyBot S&D should be v1.4.

    I also suggest the following...

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
    (.LNK) file, this PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
    simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
    remove
    viruses and various other malware.

    way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
    The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

    file.

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

    NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE and/or FTP.EXE to go
    through your FireWall to allow them to download the needed AV vendor related files.

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Jul 10, 2005
  7. T R

    KH Guest

    First, make sure all of your anti-spyware software are updated. Once you
    have done that, run all the scans, remove anything they detect. Also, look
    into Microsoft AntiSpyware (formally GIANT antispyware), it's free for now
    and does a good removal job of the spyware it finds.

    If your willing to pay some money, buy spyware doctor or Webroot's
    Anti-spyware (Forgot the name)

    Also, it might not be spyware, but trojans that are causing this. Make sure
    your antivirus is updated and run it. If you don't have one, Avast! and AVG
    personal use editions are free and are available at download.com.

    Finally, dump IE, and get a different browser. Netscape or Firefox will
    work, both don't use activeX controls and both are free
    Hope this helps

    KH, Jul 11, 2005
  8. T R

    T R Guest

    I got it figured out. I had EliteToolBar installed on my system somehow,
    and it wreaked HAVOC. I downloaded and ran ETRemover ver2 from
    http://www.simplytech.it/ETRemover/ and it worked. Thanks for the advice
    all!!

    TR

    T R, Jul 11, 2005