    Please help me.

    Doug
    Network dummy

    Doug A Moller, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Doug A Moller

    taff Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:12:15 -0500, "Doug A Moller"
    <> wrote:

    >I am setting up a linksys peer to peer without a hub or router. They told me
    >it was possible. But so far I can get no connection. I am running XP Pro on
    >the desk top and XP Home on my lap top. THe lap top card is a wpc54g and the
    >desk top wusb54g. I have set up tcp/ip address's, do I need to issue dns
    >numbers and how do I determine them. I have dial up internet on the desk top
    >computer. I get no response from the ping test.
    >Please help me.
    >
    >Doug
    >Network dummy

    You will need to use a crossover cable. Look here for info.

    http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Howto/network/cable/cable5.htm

    Taff............

    www.sounds-pa.com | www.thecomputerworkshop.com

    taff, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Doug A Moller

    Cat Guest

    I am afraid that it will a little hard to use a Crossover Cable with
    Wireless Units.

    You need to configure the Wireless cards in Ad-Hoc mode. The selection of
    Ad-Hoc is usually in the cards utility or and drivers.

    The following is the instructions for regular configuration, should rather
    similar to Ad-Hoc.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Cat, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Doug A Moller

    taff Guest

    Duh, maybe I should read the text as well as the subject line <g>
    sorry.

    taff, Jun 24, 2004