    have just went from outlook express 5 to 6 when I get emails with
    attachments on them when I click on them they do not react the do not seem
    to work any ideas is it my settings any suggestions would help thanks

    fngoodboy, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Thanks for all the help!! Winserv.exe

    I had a problem with my system which effected Popups, IE, and many other
    programs. I like to thank all of those who helped me resolve this problem.

    Winserv.exe and other files were infected with a virus.

    The last program that I installed and ran was spybot-search and destroy,
    this program seemed to cleaned up the viruses which Norton and others could
    not.

    And to all those sub human lowlifes who have nothing better to do than to
    write viruses, **** you!!

    Raymund Donzdorf, Jan 15, 2004

  3. fngoodboy

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Thanks for all the help!! Winserv.exe

    You're welcome.

    Original thread:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?th=cc59d03a45dd70b3

    It's not a virus, by the way.

    On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:26:27 GMT, in
    <7ADNb.9659$>
    Raymund Donzdorf scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 15, 2004
  4. fngoodboy

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, fngoodboy
    postulated...

    > have just went from outlook express 5 to 6 when I get emails with
    > attachments on them when I click on them they do not react the do not
    > seem to work any ideas is it my settings any suggestions would help
    > thanks

    jesus h christ im amazed anyone can ever understand you you seem to have no
    punctuation on your computer i mean is it a hardware problem or do you just
    not use punctuation at all just thought id ask as i see quite a lot of this
    on usenet and wondered if it was catching please dont reply i wont be able
    to read it
    --
    slumpy
    If you find a posting or message from myself offensive, inappropriate, or

    slumpy, Jan 15, 2004
  5. fngoodboy

    Rifleman Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, fngoodboy
    > postulated...
    >
    > > have just went from outlook express 5 to 6 when I get emails with
    > > attachments on them when I click on them they do not react the do not
    > > seem to work any ideas is it my settings any suggestions would help
    > > thanks

    > jesus h christ im amazed anyone can ever understand you you seem to have

    no
    > punctuation on your computer i mean is it a hardware problem or do you

    just
    > not use punctuation at all just thought id ask as i see quite a lot of

    this
    > on usenet and wondered if it was catching please dont reply i wont be able
    > to read it
    > --
    > slumpy
    > If you find a posting or message from myself offensive, inappropriate, or
    > disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting,
    > complain to me and I will demonstrate.

    Blame "texting" (horrible word)

    Rifleman, Jan 15, 2004
  6. fngoodboy

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Rifleman
    postulated...

    > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >> Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, fngoodboy
    >> postulated...
    >>
    >>> have just went from outlook express 5 to 6 when I get emails with
    >>> attachments on them when I click on them they do not react the do
    >>> not seem to work any ideas is it my settings any suggestions would
    >>> help thanks

    >> jesus h christ im amazed anyone can ever understand you you seem to
    >> have no punctuation on your computer i mean is it a hardware problem
    >> or do you just not use punctuation at all just thought id ask as i
    >> see quite a lot of this on usenet and wondered if it was catching
    >> please dont reply i wont be able to read it
    >> --
    >> slumpy
    >> If you find a posting or message from myself offensive,
    >> inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    >> how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.
    >>

    > Blame "texting" (horrible word)

    sorry did u mn txtg

    slumpy, Jan 15, 2004
  7. fngoodboy

    Rifleman Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Rifleman
    > postulated...
    >
    > > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > >> Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, fngoodboy
    > >> postulated...

    > >> jesus h christ im amazed anyone can ever understand you you seem to
    > >> have no punctuation on your computer i mean is it a hardware problem
    > >> or do you just not use punctuation at all just thought id ask as i
    > >> see quite a lot of this on usenet and wondered if it was catching
    > >> please dont reply i wont be able to read it
    > >> --
    > >> slumpy
    > >> If you find a posting or message from myself offensive,
    > >> inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    > >> how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.
    > >>

    > > Blame "texting" (horrible word)

    > sorry did u mn txtg

    As someone with a classical education I have absolutely no reply to that
    whatsoever!

    Rifleman, Jan 15, 2004
  8. fngoodboy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    slumpy said:

    > Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Rifleman
    > postulated...
    >
    >> "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, fngoodboy
    >>> postulated...

    >>> jesus h christ im amazed anyone can ever understand you you seem to
    >>> have no punctuation on your computer i mean is it a hardware problem
    >>> or do you just not use punctuation at all just thought id ask as i
    >>> see quite a lot of this on usenet and wondered if it was catching
    >>> please dont reply i wont be able to read it
    >>> --
    >>> slumpy
    >>> If you find a posting or message from myself offensive,
    >>> inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    >>> how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.
    >>>

    >> Blame "texting" (horrible word)

    > sorry did u mn txtg

    I was at my nieces on Xmas day tinkering with their pc, I saw a message from one
    of her friends that contained "fought", I read the sentence out loud, and said,
    "whats the matter, can't your friend spell thought?"
    She replied
    "Oh that's ok, I know what they mean, besides, I spell it fort"

    <sigh>

    Brian H¹©, Jan 15, 2004
  9. fngoodboy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > slumpy said:
    >
    >> Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Rifleman
    >> postulated...
    >>
    >>> "slumpy" <> wrote in message

    >>> Blame "texting" (horrible word)

    >> sorry did u mn txtg

    > I was at my nieces on Xmas day tinkering with their pc, I saw a message from
    > one of her friends that contained "fought", I read the sentence out loud, and
    > said, "whats the matter, can't your friend spell thought?"
    > She replied
    > "Oh that's ok, I know what they mean, besides, I spell it fort"
    >
    > <sigh>

    Oh and BTW, they use AOL :-S

    Brian H¹©, Jan 15, 2004
  10. fngoodboy

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Brian H¹©
    postulated...

    >> I was at my nieces on Xmas day tinkering with their pc, I saw a
    >> message from one of her friends that contained "fought", I read the
    >> sentence out loud, and said, "whats the matter, can't your friend
    >> spell thought?"
    >> She replied
    >> "Oh that's ok, I know what they mean, besides, I spell it fort"
    >>
    >> <sigh>

    > Oh and BTW, they use AOL :-S

    You have a family member who uses AOL and have the /temerity/ to post advice
    here (tinh) ??
    When I unpacked his new laptop today my Dad held up the 'free 3 months AOL
    connection' disc and said "Yeah I know - burn the bastard". I have him
    half-trained at least.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jan 15, 2004
  11. fngoodboy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    slumpy said:

    > Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Brian H¹©
    > postulated...
    >
    >>> I was at my nieces on Xmas day tinkering with their pc, I saw a
    >>> message from one of her friends that contained "fought", I read the
    >>> sentence out loud, and said, "whats the matter, can't your friend
    >>> spell thought?"
    >>> She replied
    >>> "Oh that's ok, I know what they mean, besides, I spell it fort"
    >>>
    >>> <sigh>

    >> Oh and BTW, they use AOL :-S

    > You have a family member who uses AOL and have the /temerity/ to post advice
    > here (tinh) ??

    Yeah, life sucks huh?
    Besides, you can choose your friends, but you are lumbered with family.

    Brian H¹©, Jan 16, 2004
  12. fngoodboy

    slumpy Guest

    Voicing an opinion as worthless as a wino at a wedding, Brian H¹©
    postulated...

    > Yeah, life sucks huh?
    > Besides, you can choose your friends, but you are lumbered with
    > family.

    Not really. We sold my little brother when he was six and bought a girl
    instead.
    --
    slumpy
    A tip for the Scott Lifshine: Unskilled and Unaware of It - How Difficulties

    slumpy, Jan 16, 2004
  13. fngoodboy

    Soup Guest

    fngoodboy wrote:
    > have just went from outlook express 5 to 6 when I get emails with
    > attachments on them when I click on them they do not react the do not
    > seem to work any ideas is it my settings any suggestions would help
    > thanks

    Tools =>options =>security untick "do not allow ..."

    --
    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) ( )
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! / \

    Soup, Jan 16, 2004
  14. Click on tools and options. In the Security section, uncheck "Dn not
    allow attachments that could potentially..etc.

    mrs busdriver, Jan 17, 2004