    old one to one of the kids. Is there any way to move her listings
    from the address book and calander in the old to the new without
    having to manually input everything over again????

    BC, Sep 15, 2005

  2. BC

    Scraggy Guest

    BC wrote:
    > My wife reciently bought a new laptop and we are going to give the
    > old one to one of the kids. Is there any way to move her listings
    > from the address book and calander in the old to the new without
    > having to manually input everything over again????

    Find the *.pst file and export/save it, then import to new system.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Sep 15, 2005

  3. BC

    Gordon Guest

    BC wrote:
    > My wife reciently bought a new laptop and we are going to give the
    > old one to one of the kids. Is there any way to move her listings
    > from the address book and calander in the old to the new without
    > having to manually input everything over again????

    Copy the pst file. On the new machine do NOT import but go to
    File-Open-Outlook Data File. (In Outlook of course....)

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.04 and Open Office

    Gordon, Sep 15, 2005
  4. BC

    BC Guest

    Re: Need help with Outlook 2003 Attn: Scraggy & Gordon

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:58:52 -0500, BC <> wrote:

    > My wife reciently bought a new laptop and we are going to give the
    >old one to one of the kids. Is there any way to move her listings
    >from the address book and calander in the old to the new without
    >having to manually input everything over again????

    Thanks to both....Got it using the export & import method...
    Tried looking for the .pst file using the search "*.pst" and it came
    up with nothing... All done but don't ask me how.
    Thanks again

    BC, Sep 15, 2005
  5. BC

    Scraggy Guest

    BC wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:58:52 -0500, BC <> wrote:
    >
    >> My wife reciently bought a new laptop and we are going to give the
    >> old one to one of the kids. Is there any way to move her listings
    >> from the address book and calander in the old to the new without
    >> having to manually input everything over again????

    > Thanks to both....Got it using the export & import method...
    > Tried looking for the .pst file using the search "*.pst" and it came
    > up with nothing... All done but don't ask me how.
    > Thanks again

    That'll be Gordons fault then. Since he went over to Linux, he only has to
    go near a M$ problem and all the files run for cover.
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Sep 16, 2005
  6. BC

    Gordon Guest

    Scraggy wrote:
    > BC wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:58:52 -0500, BC <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> My wife reciently bought a new laptop and we are going to give the
    >>> old one to one of the kids. Is there any way to move her listings
    >>> from the address book and calander in the old to the new without
    >>> having to manually input everything over again????

    >> Thanks to both....Got it using the export & import method...
    >> Tried looking for the .pst file using the search "*.pst" and it came
    >> up with nothing... All done but don't ask me how.
    >> Thanks again

    > That'll be Gordons fault then. Since he went over to Linux, he only has
    > to go near a M$ problem and all the files run for cover.

    ROTFLMAO! Actually Windows XP treats pst files as hidden system files -
    so you have to enable Hidden and System Files in your search criteria.
    So there!

    Gordon, Sep 16, 2005
  7. BC

    Scraggy Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> BC wrote:

    >>> Thanks to both....Got it using the export & import method...
    >>> Tried looking for the .pst file using the search "*.pst" and it came
    >>> up with nothing... All done but don't ask me how.
    >>> Thanks again

    >> That'll be Gordons fault then. Since he went over to Linux, he only
    >> has to go near a M$ problem and all the files run for cover.

    > ROTFLMAO! Actually Windows XP treats pst files as hidden system files
    > - so you have to enable Hidden and System Files in your search
    > criteria. So there!

    I know, mine are, just forgot to tell OP cos I'm fick inni :p Beer time! :)
    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Sep 16, 2005