    all the patches/updates for windows OS's, it also lists every program
    you have installed and if there are updates not made it tells you, etc

    Thnaks
    zvn[]teq[7], May 24, 2009

  2. zvn[]teq[7]

    zvn[]teq[7] Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > zvn[]teq[7] wrote:
    >> What's the name of that small program that scans to make sure you have
    >> all the patches/updates for windows OS's, it also lists every program
    >> you have installed and if there are updates not made it tells you, etc
    >>
    >> Thnaks

    > Belarc Advisor?
    >
    > dadiOH

    That's it! Thanks!
    zvn[]teq[7], May 24, 2009

  3. zvn[]teq[7]

    elaich Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in news:_SgSl.167829$TA6.4305
    @newsfe09.ams2:

    > zvn[]teq[7] wrote:
    >> What's the name of that small program that scans to make sure you have
    >> all the patches/updates for windows OS's, it also lists every program
    >> you have installed and if there are updates not made it tells you, etc
    >>
    >> Thnaks

    > Belarc Advisor?
    >
    > dadiOH

    Hey, dadiOH, I just want to thank you for staying around and still being
    a source of good information. I first ran into you on alt.music.mp3.winmx
    years ago when I had a different user name. People like you and the late,
    sorely missed Blinky the Shark are what make Usenet fun, interesting, and
    educational. Just a shout out. There's too much pissing into the wind on
    Usenet these days, and not enough fellow feeling.

    A few weeks ago, somebody said something like this to me, and it really
    made me feel great, like I really haven't been wasting my time all these
    years. Now it's your turn, my friend. And, thanks for turning me on to
    Winamp all those years ago. It's the only thing I ever use since then.
    Still proudly using 2.95, and that's what I'll use until the day I die.

    Peace out, my friend.
    elaich, May 24, 2009
  4. zvn[]teq[7]

    El.Plates Guest

    "zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in message
    > What's the name of that small program that scans to make sure you have all
    > the patches/updates for windows OS's, it also lists every program you have
    > installed and if there are updates not made it tells you, etc
    >
    > Thnaks

    You might also want to take a look at this
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/
    HTH
    El.Plates, May 25, 2009
  5. zvn[]teq[7]

    chuckcar Guest

    "zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in

    > What's the name of that small program that scans to make sure you have
    > all the patches/updates for windows OS's, it also lists every program
    > you have installed and if there are updates not made it tells you, etc

    No need. A combination of add/remove programs and going to the microsoft's
    update site will tell you.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 25, 2009
  6. zvn[]teq[7]

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:27:55 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >"zvn[]teq[7]" <> wrote in
    >
    >> What's the name of that small program that scans to make sure you have
    >> all the patches/updates for windows OS's, it also lists every program
    >> you have installed and if there are updates not made it tells you, etc
    >>

    >No need. A combination of add/remove programs and going to the microsoft's
    >update site will tell you.

    And this is going to tell you updates to non Microsoft programs?

    You don't know how to read, do you?

    Idiot.
    Evan Platt, May 25, 2009