Need Help with my Vaio laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by AliSarraf, Aug 19, 2008.

  1. AliSarraf

    AliSarraf

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    HI everyone,

    I am desperately in need of some help

    I have a Sony Vaio VGNSZ220p, which runs on Win XP pro. the system once gave me an error that could not read a file named minint/system32/BIOSINFO.INF; making a long story short, I decided to reformat the drive, using the recovery DVDs which I had once created. As some of you might know, sony creates a hidden partition on its laptops in which all original softwares, including original Windows Xp Pro software are kept and you can not see it and the recovery dvds are virtually an image of this hidden partition.

    Unfortunately, the computer does not let the recovery to happen and after trying to launch the recovery center, tells me the recovery was cancelled and the disk tray ejects. The DVDs are fine since I can easily explore them on other computers.

    Next, I tried a bootable version of another Win XP pro and reinstalled a new windows. After I installed the windows in the a different folder than original windows folder, I was able to boot the laptop and save my files but non of the drivers are installed and it looks so shitty. I tried the recovery DVDS again it gave me the same error again.

    What I want to do is completely wipe out the hard disk so that it looks like a brand new drive so that I can use my original recovery disks to make my computer look like before. by the way I am able to see that hidden partition now, called C: and the windows drive is D:

    I tried to format the HDD by disk manager but obviously it didn't let me do it since it is primary drive.,

    Please if you are familiar with vaio laptop give me some advice on how to reinstall my original softwares again by my recovery dvds,

    Thanks for being patient enough to read all this,

    Ali
    AliSarraf, Aug 19, 2008

  2. AliSarraf

    imransyed63

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    when installing the Win XP Pro, it gives an option to create the partition. Delete the existing partitions ( after taking backups ) and recreate again. Next it gives an option to format the drive. Format the drive where you want to install the OS and if you want to continue with Win XP, continue the setup else exit and run your recovery cd.
    imransyed63, Aug 20, 2008