Need help with my front panel audio

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Injam, Jul 15, 2006.

  1. Injam

    Injam Guest

    Hello,
    My new computer case that I used to built my new computer has a front panel
    audio device. The wires are all labeled at the connection things that attach
    to the motherboard. My motherboard has a wire diagram, but I'm confused
    about one thing. On the front panel audio device there two EAR R and two EAR
    L connections.
    Does anyone know which EAR is out and which EAR is return?

    The case is an Ultra Aluminus and the motherboard is an Intel D975XBX. I
    called Ultra and they were no help.

    My mother board front panel audio header layout:
    Port1L (1) (2) GND
    Port1R (3) (4) Presence#
    Port2R (5) (6) Sense1_Ret
    Sense_Send (7) ( ) Key (no pin)
    Port2L (9) (10) Sense2_Ret
    From Intel's web site I was able to find out that Port1L is Mic, GND is GND,
    Port1R is Mic Power, Port2R is EAR R, Port2L is EAR L, Sense1_Ret is EAR R
    return, Sense2_Ret is EAR L return.

    I hope this stays together as I have typed it out on my computer. Please
    tell me which wire on the front panel audio device goes where on my mother
    board.
    The wires on the front panel audio device are labeled "Mic In" (Red), "GND"
    (Black), "Ear L" (Orange), "Ear R" (Green), "Ear R" (Brown), "Ear L"
    (Black), "Mic Power" (Yellow).

    Hope someone can help.

    Sincerely,
    Injam