    cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    back but now it won't. Any tips?

    Thanks a lot for any help
    RichardS, Jun 10, 2006

  2. RichardS

    philo Guest

    "RichardS" <RichardS@*.*> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    > back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any help

    press enter or escape
    philo, Jun 10, 2006

  3. RichardS

    Duane Arnold Guest

    RichardS wrote:
    > My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    > back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any help

    You push and hold the Power Button down for 10 seconds or more, which
    will kill the power to the laptop. If you do it and it powers back on,
    then pull the battery out of the computer and then do it.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 10, 2006
  4. RichardS

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    RichardS spewed forth:
    > My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    > back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any help

    Hibernate requires pressing the power button to restart.

    --
    I always finish what I sta
    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2006
  5. RichardS

    RichardS Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:07:52 GMT, RichardS <RichardS@*.*> wrote:

    >My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    >cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    >back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    >Thanks a lot for any help

    Thanks for the help everybody. I got it running again. I'm really
    stupid. Appartently the wire from the AC adapter to the computer had
    come unplugged at the AC adapter and it switched to battery. While I
    was away from the laptop the battery was all used up.
    RichardS, Jun 10, 2006
  6. RichardS mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:07:52 GMT, RichardS <RichardS@*.*> wrote:
    >
    >>My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    >>cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    >>back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot for any help

    > Thanks for the help everybody. I got it running again. I'm really
    > stupid. Appartently the wire from the AC adapter to the computer had
    > come unplugged at the AC adapter and it switched to battery. While I
    > was away from the laptop the battery was all used up.

    In other words, it wasn't hibernating.

    "It was dead, Jim."

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 10, 2006
  7. RichardS

    sbb78247 Guest

    RichardS wrote:
    > My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    > back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any help

    yea, you're fucked! call hp i am sure they are waiting to hear from a ****
    like you.

    hth, hand, and gfia
    sbb78247, Jun 10, 2006
  8. RichardS

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > >My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > >cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    > >back but now it won't. Any tips?
    > >
    > >Thanks a lot for any help

    > Thanks for the help everybody. I got it running again. I'm really
    > stupid. Appartently the wire from the AC adapter to the computer had
    > come unplugged at the AC adapter and it switched to battery. While I
    > was away from the laptop the battery was all used up.

    Some hibernation!!!!!
    philo, Jun 10, 2006
  9. RichardS

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:07:52 +0000, RichardS wrote:

    > My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes back
    > but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    > Should be a hard reset button somewhere. The kind you use a paper clip

    on.

    Meat Plow, Jun 10, 2006
  10. the best thing is to go onto the hp website and look for help or support or
    go on the microsoft website

    frances martin, Jun 11, 2006
  11. RichardS

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:07:52 +0100, RichardS wrote
    (in article <>):

    > My HP laptop computer running Windows XP went into hibernate and now I
    > cannot wake it up. Usually I just move the mouse around and it comes
    > back but now it won't. Any tips?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for any help

    No it didn't. If it 'awoke' when you moved the mouse, then it was in *STANDBY
    NOT* hibernation. Learn the difference. Standby is a low-power state,
    essentially a 'sleep mode'. Hibernation turns the machine off (as though
    you'd selected 'turn off' from the Start menu options. Before shutting down,
    the system saves the contents of the RAM to a file on the system called
    'hiberfil.sys'. The only way to restore the system from a hibernated state is
    to press the power button, as though you you were turning the system on
    (which you are, as it's OFF).

    I don't understand how anyone can confuse the two.
    Margolotta, Jun 11, 2006
  12. RichardS

    Dave+Sue Guest

    After just one week of considering her position, and now at 30 realising
    that any good times that may have been possible, have now passed her by,
    the tubby phuckwit knowing this is the only venue where she gets any type
    of response, albeit negative, felt compelled to type her usual bollocks as
    "Margolotta" <> wrote in message...

    So Sarah Jayne Bullshit, tell us how exciting your week has been?
    Anymore screaming matches with mommy? Social services thinking
    of legal action for willfully failing to maintain yourself? Have you even
    managed to go out for a minute or two in the summer sunshine?
    Dave+Sue, Jun 11, 2006
  13. RichardS

    Jim Guest

    <<I don't understand how anyone can confuse the two>>

    I don't understand how a person like you lives with themselves. How can you
    be such a **** day after day??

    Jim, Jun 11, 2006