    Thnuderbird and have WindowsXP. Can someone help me?

    Thanks,
    Jo

    Jo M, Mar 18, 2006

  2. Jo M

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jo M wrote:

    > When I forward, the pictures are not in the forwarding
    > e-mail. If there are words, they appear in a plain font (such as
    > this) and not in the fancy font of the original.

    Your plaintext conversion of the html is losing the graphic.

    IMO -- It is better to not send 'generic' recipients html mail --
    where generic means that the recipient might be using some unknown
    operating system, running some unknown mailuser agent, which has some
    unknown html rendering relationship or configuration with some unknown
    rendering engine.

    Because of all of those unknowns, you don't know what will happen on the
    other end when your recipient opens your html mail, or if your html mail
    will be filtered out because of its association with spam and other
    undesirable traits.

    OE users who are using IE as their rendering engine and are configured
    to render their received html and to forward their received html mail in
    the format it was received think it is all very simple.

    It would be better to send your messages in plaintext.

    What is happening when you try to forward an html mail with embedded
    graphics which your system is converting into plaintext is that the
    embedded graphic is getting lost. The 'solution' or alternative of
    forwarding the mail in the format in which it was sent [instead of in
    plaintext] would result in your forwarding an html mail -- which I'm
    recommending against.

    It would be better for you to save the graphic from the mail you
    received, and then to attach that graphic to a plaintext mail. That
    means that the graphic would not be embedded in the body of the mail,
    and the fonts and other attributes would not be present in the mail you
    are sending. You would be sending something different than what you
    received.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 18, 2006

  3. Jo M

    Jo M Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Jo M wrote:
    >

    >>When I forward, the pictures are not in the forwarding
    >>e-mail. If there are words, they appear in a plain font (such as
    >>this) and not in the fancy font of the original.

    > Your plaintext conversion of the html is losing the graphic.
    >
    > IMO -- It is better to not send 'generic' recipients html mail --
    > where generic means that the recipient might be using some unknown
    > operating system, running some unknown mailuser agent, which has some
    > unknown html rendering relationship or configuration with some unknown
    > rendering engine.
    >
    > Because of all of those unknowns, you don't know what will happen on the
    > other end when your recipient opens your html mail, or if your html mail
    > will be filtered out because of its association with spam and other
    > undesirable traits.
    >
    > OE users who are using IE as their rendering engine and are configured
    > to render their received html and to forward their received html mail in
    > the format it was received think it is all very simple.
    >
    > It would be better to send your messages in plaintext.
    >
    > What is happening when you try to forward an html mail with embedded
    > graphics which your system is converting into plaintext is that the
    > embedded graphic is getting lost. The 'solution' or alternative of
    > forwarding the mail in the format in which it was sent [instead of in
    > plaintext] would result in your forwarding an html mail -- which I'm
    > recommending against.
    >
    > It would be better for you to save the graphic from the mail you
    > received, and then to attach that graphic to a plaintext mail. That
    > means that the graphic would not be embedded in the body of the mail,
    > and the fonts and other attributes would not be present in the mail you
    > are sending. You would be sending something different than what you
    > received.

    How do I save the graphic from the mail?

    Jo

    Jo M, Mar 18, 2006
  4. Jo M

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Jo M spewed forth:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Jo M wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I forward, the pictures are not in the forwarding
    >>> e-mail. If there are words, they appear in a plain font (such as
    >>> this) and not in the fancy font of the original.

    >> Your plaintext conversion of the html is losing the graphic.

    Snip

    >> It would be better to send your messages in plaintext.

    Snip

    >> It would be better for you to save the graphic from the mail you
    >> received, and then to attach that graphic to a plaintext mail.

    > How do I save the graphic from the mail?

    In most cases, right-click on the graphic and select "Save". But I don't use
    your email client, so I'm not entirely sure.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 18, 2006
  5. Jo M

    NotMe Guest

    "Jo M"
    | Hi,
    |
    | A while back I had an e-mail problem and tried to fix it myself. I
    | finally went to 24hourhelpdesk and had help to solve that problem.
    | Meanwhile I must have done something that prevents me from forwarding
    | pictures. When I forward, the pictures are not in the forwarding
    | e-mail. If there are words, they appear in a plain font (such as
    | this) and not in the fancy font of the original. I'm using Mozilla
    | Thnuderbird and have WindowsXP. Can someone help me?

    Try:

    http://photos.yousendit.com/

    NotMe, Mar 21, 2006