    this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem, would appreciate
    if somebody
    would help me. Thanks

    Fred J, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Fred  J

    Fred J Guest

    Fred J, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Fred  J

    Thagor Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in

    > Idon't know what happened I can not set up a connection to my ISP when
    > I try to do it with
    > the wizard after I check Setup my connections manually and click next
    > the Connect using
    > a Dial-up modem is grayed out then I get a message "Cannot load the
    > Remote Access connection manger service. I opened the Services and
    > opened the Remote access connection manager and I see the service
    > status is Stopped when I try to change it to "Started" I get a
    > message"Error 711 : a configuration error on this computer is
    > preventing this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem,
    > would appreciate if somebody
    > would help me. Thanks

    If you haven't installed anything new recently, it sounds like the modem
    is malfunctioning. Just a guess but you could check the simple stuff
    first like tele wire connections and then the device manager for the
    modem status. Probably would be worth a try to re-load the driver for it
    then rebuild the connectoid.

    Thagor, Nov 20, 2004
  4. Fred  J

    Thor Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    > Idon't know what happened I can not set up a connection to my ISP when I
    > try to do it with
    > the wizard after I check Setup my connections manually and click next the
    > Connect using
    > a Dial-up modem is grayed out then I get a message "Cannot load the Remote
    > Access connection manger service. I opened the Services and opened the
    > Remote access connection manager and I see the service status is Stopped
    > when I try to change it to "Started" I get a message"Error 711 : a
    > configuration error on this computer is preventing
    > this connection. I do not know how to solve this problem, would appreciate
    > if somebody
    > would help me. Thanks

    make sure that the "telephony", "plug and play", and "remote procedure call"
    services are not disabled. Remote connection manager depends on those
    services.

    Thor, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Fred  J

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in news::

    > make sure that the "telephony", "plug and play", and "remote procedure
    > call" services are not disabled. Remote connection manager depends on
    > those services.

    If that doesn't fix it, reinstalling SP1 (assuming that the OP already has
    it) should fix this problem. Another symptom of this problem is when doing
    the new connection wizard, dialup modem is not an option (just broadband
    with and without login). Also try this:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q329441

    Not the exact error, but very similar symptoms and it could well fix the
    problem.

    Jim Berwick, Nov 22, 2004