Need help with CSS content rules

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by CSS Newbie, Jun 2, 2006.

  1. CSS Newbie

    CSS Newbie Guest

    I'm using a Cisco CSS 11501 v7.2.

    I've got a peculiar problem where I've configured a couple of web
    services and have put them into a content rule. The content rule
    contains a vip address that is accessed from an internet client, but
    has to go through a firewall first. This external address is NAT'd.
    The content rule has to be accessed by other servers in the same
    network subnet.

    Here's where the problem occurs. When an internet client accesses the
    content rule, everything works fine. The load balancing works and the
    web services are served. Also, importantly, the web servers capture
    the original source IP address of the internet client for statistics
    gathering. When the content rule is accesses via a server from inside
    the firewall, on the same subnet, the content rule doesn't work. I can
    resolve this by using using groups. But...if I do this, the CSS
    controls all the traffic and inputs the vip address as the source IP.
    This screws up the web stats.

    My question is: Would there be another way to have the content rule
    accessed from externally, internally and keep the original source IP
    address?

    I hope this is enough information for you.

    Thanks, in advance, for any advice you can provide me.

    Cheers,

    Harmeet

    CSS Newbie, Jun 2, 2006