    completely done with dual-booting on this machine, so I think it would be a
    nice thing to have now that they actually provided us the opportunity.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 10, 2008

  2. Tony Sperling

    philo Guest

    "Tony Sperling" <> wrote in message
    news:eti$...
    > I just recovered from an issue that demanded Recovery Console and the aid

    of
    > FIXMBR. As you can see, I'm here and all went well. However, running from

    > RAID set, it becomes an added irritation to digg out the floppy drive and
    > disk with the SATA/RAID drivers just to boot from the DVD and fire up the
    > Console. I know there is a method by which you can install the Console to
    > HD, and I know that MS is having a page that describes this in detail

    but -
    > honestly, I don't understand it - the prescription seems to lead me round

    in
    > circles and I change appearance into being a breathing questionmark.
    >
    > Anybody here know of other resources that I can turn to, or alternatively
    > have personal familiarity with it to talk me through this?
    >
    > I realize that this may be more demanding than I can reasonably expect

    from
    > the community, and in truth it works fine as it is, this all happened as a
    > consequence of removing a dual-boot configuration, but I may not be
    > completely done with dual-booting on this machine, so I think it would be

    > nice thing to have now that they actually provided us the opportunity.
    >

    > Tony. . .

    I used this link to install the recovery console on my machine

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

    If that is the same link you used...please post back with your specific
    questions...
    it seemed pretty self-explanatory

    philo, Feb 10, 2008

  3. Thanks Philo!

    I agree, this could hardly be any simpler, and I intensely hope it was
    something else I read.

    An unforeseeable outcome transpired from my excercise, and now it seems I
    will have to continue dual-booting together with the 32bit Home Edition
    anyway. Having the Console available in each, would require both Console
    Editions to be installed, I assume?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 11, 2008
  4. Tony Sperling

    > Thanks Philo!
    >
    > I agree, this could hardly be any simpler, and I intensely hope it was
    > something else I read.
    >
    > An unforeseeable outcome transpired from my excercise, and now it seems I
    > will have to continue dual-booting together with the 32bit Home Edition
    > anyway. Having the Console available in each, would require both Console
    > Editions to be installed, I assume?
    >

    > Tony. . .

    I have never done a dual boot system with two seperate recovery consoles
    but would I think it should be possible.
    You'd just have to be sure each one was labeled in such a way so you'd know
    whichone was whicj

    philo, Feb 11, 2008