    If someone could assist me in directing my focus I'd
    appreciate it.
    TAT
    TAT, Oct 3, 2003

  2. TAT

    ND Guest

    Sounds like you havent taken the other tests first. I would take them first
    if I were you.

    ND

    ND, Oct 3, 2003

  3. TAT

    TAT Guest

    I agree that that makes perfect sense. However, I am a
    program manager (former C++ programer) and not a software
    engineer or architect. My boss is requiring the PM's to
    take this one exam. In real life, my technical staff will
    be making the technical decisions.

    TAT, Oct 3, 2003
  4. TAT

    Rich Guest

    I passed 70-300 almost two months ago. Here's what I can
    remember:

    There were at least one or two questions on ORM that were
    quite specific. There were also a couple of exercises
    that related to normalizing tables.

    A couple of questions related to the MSF - but nowhere
    near as detailed and thorough as all the MSF stuff in the
    Microsoft Study Guide.

    There were some pretty specific questions on
    security/authenticaton, deployment strategies,
    transactions, performance considerations, and when you
    use web apps vs. windows apps - or when Host Integration
    server or BizTalk or something like that might be
    required. Those were the kinds of things I thought the
    Exam Cram book was a big help with.

    As others have said, you can come up with a lot of the
    answers by carefully reading the questions and the case
    study. I seem to remember several questions that related
    to things like whether case study requirements call for
    building new components or whether existing components
    would remain in place - to be integrated with newly built
    ones. They usually spell that out quite plainly in the
    case study and then that becomes a consideration in how
    you answer a lot of questions.

    HTH

    Rich, Oct 4, 2003
  5. TAT

    procyk01 Guest

    The test is basically a reading comprehension test. Most
    of the questions can be answered by looking back at the
    scenario.
    You'll need some very simple data normalization. There
    were a couple of questions where you could eliminate every
    invalid answer and make an educated guess, and a couple
    that I had trouble finding the "best" answer. On the
    whole, it was a lot like 70-100 Analyzing requirements,
    but maybe easier. Nothing too technical.
    jp
    procyk01, Oct 10, 2003