    on it.
    How can I reload the system with the 32bit system??

    Thanks!

    Jake Malone - MVP/MUT, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Well, let's see. Nero works, ever since 6.5 or so. Flash works in the
    default IE, which is 32-bit. You're right, it doesn't in the 64-bit version
    of IE, which some of us view as a good thing. I don't use firefox so I can't
    comment. And you're right. Scanner support stinks. For some reason the
    scanner manufacturers have been extremely slow to provide decent drivers.

    To switch to 32-bit, boot off the 32-bit DVD and do a fresh install. If you
    have a retail copy of Vista, then you can use the same key you used for
    64-bit. You will, of course, need to do a clean, new install - there is no
    direct upgrade between architectures.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2008

  3. Jake Malone - MVP/MUT

    S.SubZero Guest

    On Feb 16, 3:20 pm, Jake Malone - MVP/MUT <> wrote:
    > I want to go back down to 32 bit.
    > I have the factory DVD that I purchased that has 32 and 64 bit versions
    > on it.
    > How can I reload the system with the 32bit system??
    >
    > Thanks!

    1. The title is "Need help with 64 bit" but it's obvious this is not
    what you actually want. You ranted and ranted about how 64-bit sucks,
    then asked how to go back to 32-bit.

    2. What Windows OS comes from the factory with both 32-bit and 64-bit
    on the exact same DVD?

    3. You re-do the OS partition with the OS of your choice.

    S.SubZero, Feb 17, 2008