    Plz reply me as soon as possible.

    Thanks in advanced
    Amol Gholap

    =?Utf-8?B?YW15YTEyMQ==?=, Mar 28, 2007

  2. The following chart may help:
    MCSD MCPD
    ------ -------
    ..Net Framework 1.x (VS 2002) .Net Framework 2.x (VS 2005)
    C# and VB.Net only Also has C++ on Win. Dev.
    exams
    Choose lang. when you sign up Choose lang. when you take exam
    5 exams 3 exams
    Must know both web & windows dev. Only need web or windows dev.
    Must know Windows Architecture Doesn't have to take Arch. exam
    Also earns MCAD Also earns MCTS
    Never expires Expires after three
    years
    Lots of jobs listed on monster, etc. Not a lot of jobs listed (yet)
    Upgrades to MCPD with 1 or 2 exams Must take all 5 exams to get an MCSD

    I am sure others can add to this list.
    I am surprised that Microsoft doesn't have a comparison on their website
    like they do comparing MCAD to MCSD.
    At this point, it is up to you to decide what is best for you personally.
    If you have more experience with Visual Studio 2005 than 2003, it might be
    best to start with MCPD.
    If you don't, then start with MCSD and take the upgrade exams later on.

    Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Mar 30, 2007

  3. "LarryWestMCSD" wrote:

    > The following chart may help:
    > MCSD MCPD
    > ------ -------
    > .Net Framework 1.x (VS 2002) .Net Framework 2.x (VS 2005)
    > C# and VB.Net only Also has C++ on Win. Dev.
    > exams
    > Choose lang. when you sign up Choose lang. when you take exam
    > 5 exams 3 exams
    > Must know both web & windows dev. Only need web or windows dev.
    > Must know Windows Architecture Doesn't have to take Arch. exam
    > Also earns MCAD Also earns MCTS
    > Never expires Expires after three
    > years
    > Lots of jobs listed on monster, etc. Not a lot of jobs listed (yet)
    > Upgrades to MCPD with 1 or 2 exams Must take all 5 exams to get an MCSD
    >
    > I am sure others can add to this list.
    > I am surprised that Microsoft doesn't have a comparison on their website
    > like they do comparing MCAD to MCSD.
    > At this point, it is up to you to decide what is best for you personally.
    > If you have more experience with Visual Studio 2005 than 2003, it might be
    > best to start with MCPD.
    > If you don't, then start with MCSD and take the upgrade exams later on.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    > --
    > Larry J. West, MCSD, MCPD, MCTS:SQL Server 2005, MOUS, FLMI, ACS
    >

    > "amya121" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello friends,
    > >
    > > I hv 2 yrs exp. on .Net and now i am going for certification. But i am
    > > little bit confused abt MCSD or MCPD.
    > >
    > > If i go for MCPD, will be having same value as MCSD? or is there any
    > > other certification equivalent to MCSD
    > >
    > > Plz reply me as soon as possible.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advanced
    > > Amol Gholap

    Thanks for the information Larry. Most of the doubt abt it got cleared.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW15YTEyMQ==?=, Mar 31, 2007