    am new to computers and i would like to learn networking, is there any
    person to help me send me books(softcopy) which can help me learn very
    fast. i will be very greatfull for any person's guidance.

    kuku, Jun 1, 2006

  2. This is a pretty good start...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/evaluate/technol/tcpipfund/tcpipfund.mspx

    ....and a downloadable PDF version...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...fd-61c9-4079-a0bb-582bca4a846f&displaylang=en

    The "Cable Guy" articles are informative also...

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cgarch.mspx

    ....as are these sites...

    http://www.homenethelp.com/
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    MS help pages...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/winxp?sid=184
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308007
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314067
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875357

    Enjoy...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jun 1, 2006

  3. Hi
    This page includes many links that might help in building you own tutorial.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 2, 2006

    www.lynda.com - online learning.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 2, 2006
  5. Hi
    Sorry the link is: http://www.ezlan.net/basic.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 2, 2006
  6. Hi, want to save endless time & trouble, get yourself a networking program. I
    bot one, free after rebate, loaded the program on my 3 computers, and presto,
    I was printing & sharing files immediately.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2VyZWZyb2c=?=, Jun 3, 2006
  7. You COULD do that but learn nothing and tcp/ip, wi-fi, network sharing for a
    SIMPLE HOME NETWORK or even a small office network is honestly so easy, a
    child could do it. All it takes is an hour or two and you'd have it all down
    pat.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jun 4, 2006
  8. To network the 1st time just using Windows you need a TIP or 2, like turn off
    your firewall, to be successful. I never "learned" that until my free prg
    told me about it.
    so, your point of learning nothing just buying a networking prg is not
    substantial. In fact, it's the easiest way to learn & the help file tells you
    everything in one location instead of having to search the microsoft data
    base.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2VyZWZyb2c=?=, Jun 4, 2006
  9. kuku

    Kerry Brown Guest

    werefrog wrote:
    > To network the 1st time just using Windows you need a TIP or 2, like
    > turn off your firewall, to be successful. I never "learned" that
    > until my free prg told me about it.

    There is no need to turn off your firewall to network computers. This is
    very bad advice. Sometimes you may have to turn it off temporarily to
    troubleshoot but it should always be turned back on. With every firewall I
    have ever used you can network with the firewall on. Some are harder to
    configure than others but they all allow networking.

    --
    Kerry
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, Jun 4, 2006
  10. "Kerry Brown" wrote:

    "There is no need to turn off your firewall to network computers. "
    there was for me! the commercial ntwk prg was having problems on initilial
    install & they emailed me to turn off the firewall, I did & it worked.
    I tried setting up the firewall to allow my networked computers to share
    files, without success.
    I had ZoneAlarm on my desktop & Mcaffee on my notebook. Perhaps if both were
    using the same brand firewall?

    =?Utf-8?B?d2VyZWZyb2c=?=, Jun 4, 2006