    Thanks,

    Claimrep

    , Feb 16, 2007

  2. Pen Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am an insurance adjuster and I am trying to identify two Dell
    > computers that a client had stolen.
    >
    > The only number he has are:
    >
    > Dell serial # us-01p930-69080-25m-n8sq
    > Dell serial #us-01p930-69080-25m-n44k
    >
    > but he also has two different sequence of numbers:
    >
    > DS/N US-08K233-60210-257-8681
    > DSN/US-08K233-60210-257-1253
    >
    > can anyone help identify what these may be so I am able to get equal
    > replacments to him?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Claimrep

    There is a Dell group at
    alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
    where you may get more help. However, in my experience with Dell
    covering 10 years
    and 10 different systems they have used Service Tags of 5 to 7 digits
    with both numbers and/or letters. The numbers you quote are unfamiliar
    to me.

    Pen, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Stubbo_of_Oz Guest

    On 16 Feb 2007 11:52:07 -0800, wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am an insurance adjuster and I am trying to identify two Dell
    >computers that a client had stolen.
    >
    >The only number he has are:
    >
    >Dell serial # us-01p930-69080-25m-n8sq
    >Dell serial #us-01p930-69080-25m-n44k
    >
    >but he also has two different sequence of numbers:
    >
    >DS/N US-08K233-60210-257-8681
    >DSN/US-08K233-60210-257-1253
    >
    >can anyone help identify what these may be so I am able to get equal
    >replacments to him?

    Why not ask Dell?

    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/contact?c=au&l=en&s=gen&~ck=pn
    --