Need help setting up new OKI 321 DOT Matrix printer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by red belair, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. red belair

    red belair Guest

    Hi
    I have a customer who uses a 321 printer to print their multipart
    invoices. Naturally, after many years, the thing had to be replaced.
    Naturally, the last service guy they had knew more about it than I do.
    They need to reset the CPI for a couple of forms they print and found
    it to be a pain to get up and walk over to do that...I would too.
    The other service person one day told them, 'here, I will do this for
    you in your application setup and you will not have to get up any
    more". He did and it worked fine.....until, you guessed it...the new
    printer comes in!

    The new one works fine but now they have to get up again and....well,
    seeing as I don't know as much....and the other person cannot come
    back.....

    I would appreciate it if anyone(including OKI Tech Support, who will
    not call back) has any ideas on what could be done to the printer at
    the printer itself, could post their ideas here.

    I Thank You in advance.
    Joe

    red belair, Aug 25, 2004

  2. red belair

    SwissTony Guest

    "red belair" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have a customer who uses a 321 printer to print their multipart
    > invoices. Naturally, after many years, the thing had to be replaced.
    > Naturally, the last service guy they had knew more about it than I do.
    > They need to reset the CPI for a couple of forms they print and found
    > it to be a pain to get up and walk over to do that...I would too.
    > The other service person one day told them, 'here, I will do this for
    > you in your application setup and you will not have to get up any
    > more". He did and it worked fine.....until, you guessed it...the new
    > printer comes in!
    >
    > The new one works fine but now they have to get up again and....well,
    > seeing as I don't know as much....and the other person cannot come
    > back.....
    >
    > I would appreciate it if anyone(including OKI Tech Support, who will
    > not call back) has any ideas on what could be done to the printer at
    > the printer itself, could post their ideas here.
    >
    > I Thank You in advance.
    > Joe

    Knowledgebase for microline 321 elite
    http://www.oki.co.uk/fcgi-bin/public.fcgi?pid=53&cid=125&chid=1&prid=252