    gear router and promptly set everyhthing up right. Which i do..i don
    understand..I NEED WIRELESS AHHHH i can t take this freakin cord running
    through my room all the time. Please Help anyone!

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFzZQ==?=, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Hi
    You can use the Wireless Netgear Router as an Access Point by connecting it
    to the Linksys.
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    If your Linksys is a Wireless Router too and you want it to connect
    Wirelessly to the Netgear, it is No go.
    Each computer needs a Wireless Client Card.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Mase" <> wrote in message
    > Alright Currently i have a Linksys router hooked up to my desktop in my
    > sisters room..when i bought my laptop a while back i got the router
    > (neatgear) and still havent set it up yet. But i need to beacsue I NEED
    > WIRELESS! I have the Cord running frmo the back of my laptop to the

    routher

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 7, 2005

  3. Well its not Wireless i do have to connect wires to the wall and wat not..my
    bad on that..I jsut want the new router set up..and Me not using wires that
    have to connect Freom computer to computer

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFzZQ==?=, Dec 7, 2005
  4. I think you are confusing wired setup with wireless networking. You may or
    may not be able to connect to the router wirelessly for initial setup.
    Instead, use an ethernet cable to configure the router including its
    wireless configuration. Thereafter you should be able to connect
    wirelessly.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Dec 7, 2005