Need Help Setting Up Domain Server

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by maxz1, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. maxz1

    maxz1 Guest

    Hi Evey one !!

    I used to read this group all the time ( as maxz1 ), back when I was
    taking my A+. I just got a domain of my very own, and got hosting from
    a red hat server box with unlimited everything. It has cPANEL 6 on it, I
    changed the DNS to it and now waiting for it to turn over.

    What I need to know is, can anyone tell me what is the best way to do
    this. I want to give some one room on my domain, but with their own
    subdomain and email as well. They do not know much about computers, and
    I want to let them set up their own site and email easy.

    From what I read, the subdomain will really be a file with in my domain
    witch I make. I need to know how to get a easy site builder, and email
    on the subdomain that the user can setup their own user name and
    passwords with. See I do not want to know that info at all, as I told
    the user I would not have/want that info.

    I also want to give them the same matching email, as thier subdomain url
    as well. The problem is, me setting this up and turning it over to them.
    I'm not sure how this is done, as I never did it before. I'm sure it can
    be done, but what is the best way to do it ???

    I'm runing a win98se box, and the other user is runing a win2k pro box.
    Can I use any HTML site builder, and upload it to my domain and have it
    work ???

    Thanks !! For Any Help !! maxz1
    maxz1, Nov 26, 2003